Search Unity

Should not be capturing when there is a hotcontrol UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPt

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by argeunes, Jul 18, 2019.

1. argeunes

argeunes

Getting this error on unity and not sure how to fix it...

Should not be capturing when there is a hotcontrol
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility: ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

2. StarManta

StarManta

Could you give us any context? What are you trying to do when this happens? Is there any code you've added recently that made this start appearing? Are there any effects of the issue aside from the message itself? Without more information, we can't really do anything more than google the error message, which you can do on your own.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  3. Vryken

Vryken

This is neither an error nor a warning.

I'm unsure what causes this, but I sometimes see it logged into the console after compiling scripts and entering play mode immediately after. Other than that, it shows up infrequently.

Deleted User likes this.
  4. lewisluke20

lewisluke20

It must be when using UnityEngine.UI on a script that has no UI elements in it.
    Only because I got it and had put UnityEngine.UI on a script that had no UI elements in it & no longer get the error :)

Deleted User likes this.
  5. Vryken

Vryken

I don't think so. I still get this appearing in the console sometimes regardless of whether I include
    using UnityEngine.UI
    , and it does not appear like this message is caused by user scripts in general.

I've noticed what seems to be happening is that if you have anything selected in Unity, (a GameObject, an asset, etc.), and then make Unity recompile (by making some change to any script), what you had selected will become deselected, and then clicking anywhere in the Unity window will display that message.

It seems to be a bug with Unity not recognizing that it lost focus on whatever was selected before recompiling.