Search Unity

Should I use UnityAdvertisement 3.4.1 that is not "verified"?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by www_3dart_es, Jan 29, 2020.

1. www_3dart_es

www_3dart_es

Hello, I want to use the latest Advertisement versión but when I saw the integration guide:

https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/unity/integration-guide-unity

it says:

Using Package Manager
    Install the latest version of Unity Ads through the Unity Package Manager, by following these steps:

1. In the Unity Editor, select Window > Package Manager to open the Package Manager.
    2. Select the Advertisements package from the list, then select the most recent verified version.

The only verified versión is the 2.0.8 one. I don´t know if it is safe to use a not verified versión (3.4.1). I updated Unity to 2019.3.0f6 and the UnityAdvertisement 3.4.1 is not verified for this unity versión neither.

Thanks in advance.

2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Hi,

Yes, you can use Unity Ads SDK version 3.4.1. In fact 2.0.8 does not work with Unity 2019.3, and we're working on getting the correct version marked as "verified" (some internal changes to build tooling, made it bit more complicated)

/Rasmus

www_3dart_es likes this.
  3. www_3dart_es

www_3dart_es

When I update it to 3.4.1 it show a lot of errors:
    Errors on Unity ads with 2019.3.0f6.jpg

I don´t know if it is related to I installed from asset store to try with the package, I removed it later and use the PackageManager Ads.

Anyway on Unity 2019.2.17 I tested the 3.4.1 versión wthout problems, can I use the 3.4.1 on Unity 2019.2.17 too?

4. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Correct, you need to remove Asset Store version in case you switch to using package manager.

And yes, Unity Ads SDK 3.4.1 works with Unity 2019.2

www_3dart_es likes this.
  5. www_3dart_es

www_3dart_es

Wich are the method to remove the Asset store package? I just deleted the folder "UnityAds" under Project tab. And I got all this errors after activated the Advertisement from Package Manager. I need to remove in other places or this bugs are related to other problems?

Regards.

6. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Yeah sorry, you also need to delete files under Plugins folder... easiest is probably if you try to import asset store package into a blank project and check which files are shown in the import dialog window

/Rasmus

www_3dart_es likes this.
  7. www_3dart_es

www_3dart_es

Thanks you, regards.