Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Should I uncheck "Development Build" in build settings for demo build for convention?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Botaurus, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Botaurus

Botaurus

I realize now that I have only been QA'ing a development build (in build settings, Development build is checked). We are only a few days away from showing our demo and I want to make sure that switching to a non development build doesn't have any unforeseen consequences.
    The game is fairly stable but sometimes gets hard crashes like this:

ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FFF21D1D5DF)
    0x00007FFF21D1D5DF (UnityPlayer) (function-name not available)
    0x0000025D66844E3D (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.AnimationCurve:Evaluate (single)

or

0x0000001DCED928B5 (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper managed-to-native) string:InternalAllocateStr (int)
    0x0000001DCEDD89CA (Mono JIT Code) [/Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Globalization/TextInfo.cs:465] System.Globalization.TextInfo:ToLower (string)

These are things I don't really know how to fix at this point, as the string and the anim curve never caused crashes before.

Would disabling the development build setting increase stability? Anything I should be aware of.
    Simply put, we've been QA'ing a development build and its a known level of stability. I'm just nervous about changing *anything* this close to deadline, especially something so big.

any thoughts or advice appreciated,
    thanks

2. Meltdown

Meltdown

You should be testing with the build you intend to show at the convention, many days before the convention. Why would you want to change things up at the last minute?

pcg likes this.
  3. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

No, probably not. And its just as likely you introduce new issues.

RecursiveFrog likes this.