Search Unity

Question Should i start a gofundme campaign for The fps microgame

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by corbendenton, Jun 3, 2021.

1. corbendenton

corbendenton

Ive recently been doing the fps microgame to learn unity but The fps bundle costs money that i need for more important things and i was just wondering if i should start a GoFundMe campaign

2. Schneider21

Schneider21

Maybe I'm missing something, but the assets for the FPS Microgame can be downloaded for free. What are you seeing that you need to pay for?

3. corbendenton

corbendenton

4. Schneider21

Schneider21

Have you completed the entirety of the microgame tutorial already? Because if not, I don't see why you'd want to purchase assets that are intended to be used after you've done so.

I do understand that $10 USD can be a considerable amount in some countries, so it might not be an easy purchase. But that said, game development can be a difficult to pursue as a hobby (and nearly impossible to pursue as a career) if you're not able to invest a bit into it. Whether that means learning material, assets that save you inordinate amounts of development time, new development hardware, or publisher account registration fees, you'll often find yourself needing a bit of cash to keep things going. If that's not something you can do on your own, you're likely to find finances a roadblock more than once along your way.

With all that said, you're certainly welcome to try a GoFundMe to get enough to purchase this pack, but that's not a campaign I'd have a ton of optimism in seeing a return on. I guess why not try it and see what happens?