Search Unity

Should I or Should i not buy EZ GUI

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by linusnorden, May 6, 2011.

1. linusnorden

linusnorden

Hi All

Im thinking of buying EZ Gui but im not 100% convinced. If i look in the asset store there is no review of it.
    Ive been checking out their website from time to time but i dont see any updates of tutorial videos or anything
    like that. So if there is anyone that can push me in any direction please do.

I also heard that Unity is working on a update on their GUI system.

P.S. Is EZ GUI beeing constantly updated?

Thanks alot in advance!

2. pneill

pneill

Yes! I give it an enthusiastic recommendation! Great package, solid docs, excellent support. Very useful, especially if you are doing a mobile app.

3. Brady

Brady

I wouldn't be as presumptuous as to tell you whether you should by my own product or not :))), but I can answer your questions about constant updates: yes.

EZ GUI has had lots of new features added over the months. The last release (a few weeks ago) added a couple of new major features (such as easy screen-relative placement), and in the next beta alone there are lots of new features, of which at least 4 of them are major additions (easy-to-use drag drop support, virtual screens, scroll list snapping for iOS-like lists and page views, etc).

4. Dreamora

Dreamora

I would definitely buy it :)

I would love to give it a review, but as various others, I have bought it before it hit the store, so I can't give it a review :(

5. linusnorden

linusnorden

Thanks for the input! Anyone else? Negative vs positive?

6. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Everyone will be positive towards brady's products. There won't really be any negative people. The biggest negative is the price :)

To be fair you could try prime31's gui however its nowhere near as polished yet. Also you should lurk on brady's forums to get a gist of what paid users are saying.

7. niosop2

niosop2

It's a great system. If you need a GUI system right now, you can't go wrong by buying it. Unity is *supposed* to be revamping it's own GUI system, but who knows when it will actually get released. Probably the day after you buy another system is usually how it works.

8. linusnorden

linusnorden

I guess i need to buy it as fast as possible :) thanks for the input.... the only thing i could hope is for a EZ GUI Sale :) maybe santa is coming early this year!

9. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Just use the free prime31 gui then if you can't afford this yet.

10. J_P_

J_P_

EZGUI is fantastic