Search Unity

Should I keep supporting built-in?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by florianalexandru05, Jan 12, 2022.

?

Should I keep supporting built-in?

1. Yes.

50.0%
  2. No.

50.0%
  3. Maybe drop it in a few more years.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Day by day the scriptable render pipeline keeps improving and adding something new, at this point, HDRP almost replaced the built-in pipeline (per my case usage) and I noticed there's still a lot of my buyers that still use built-in. The reason I'm asking is because my products are art focused and the pack size is over 3G so I have to split them into two packs; Pack A: built-in, Pack B: SRP (URP+HDRP), since I can't just put everything in one package like most people that make smaller sized ones because the file size would be too big. I already have one pack setup like this on the store. What do you guys think?

2. PolygonPros

PolygonPros

Yes, please continue supporting Built-In Renderer! It's the only stable one of the three, and the only one in which the vast majority of assets from the store consistently work the way they're supposed to. URP and HDRP still keep changing so often that they break older assets. And for those of us who depend on Built-In, it's frustrating to see some newer assets only supporting URP or HDRP.

florianalexandru05 likes this.