Search Unity

Should I choose LWRP or HDRP in to-day's market - -

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by jbb1979, Aug 9, 2019.

1. jbb1979

jbb1979

I have the option to choose between the two and, I'm confused . . I want my game to look as good as possible but, I don't want to crash the console or, computer - -

I want to make a good looking game and, want to make the right decision, from the beginning . . So, if you wanted to make a Good-looking cop game, would you pick Leight-weight Render-pipeline or, HD- Render -pipeline ? I'm working on an HP Gaming laptop and, I Don't know what to do ?! Is it pointless to use LWRP because, it's out-dated and, Will I regret it later - -? <3

2. Schneider21

Schneider21

Honestly... unless you're very talented with making art assets, you're not going to reap the benefits of HDRP. Using one of the rendering pipelines isn't really something where you set it and get instantly great results. It still takes a lot of work to create the assets that can utilize the capabilities appropriately.

If you're just trying to get started still, stick with the normal 3D setup, especially if you plan on using third party assets that already have their own materials or custom shaders. Once you feel like you know what you're doing and want to go for a specific look and feel (emphasis on knowing what it is you're going for), consider putting in the time to convert your project to HDRP or LWRP.

Don't get distracted by flashy graphics and demo reels. Work on making a game first!

StaggartCreations likes this.
  3. jbb1979

jbb1979

Thank you, I am doing the John Lemon tutorial and, I will take your advice - -

My models will not be more complicated than Diablo 3-style so, I don't think it will matter - -

Thank you . .. $