Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Should Collab publish changes in project settings and plugin updates?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by GKdev1980, Apr 15, 2020.

1. GKdev1980

GKdev1980

Hi. I'm not completely sure how it's supposed to work, I've been using Collab with a couple of colleagues for a couple of months now. I'm pretty sure that at first all of the changes I made in the project settings were published and synced to another computer when the user downloaded my commit. I noticed recently that this was not the case. In fact it seemed that out of the blue the project settings were set to default values. And I mean everything. Even the Package Name were reverted to "com.company.product". I had to re-enable Vuforia and VR support, change the Graphics API etc. On top of that, even when I changed them and published the changes when my colleague downloaded my commit the Package Name on his copy was stuck at "com.company.product" along with the other settings.

I also noticed (actually I noticed that about a week ago) that although he had updated some package asset (I'm referring to the addressables asset if that makes any difference), published his changes and I downloaded his commit, I was stuck with an older version of the specific package. Is this how it's supposed to work? Or did it break all of a sudden?

After some tests of publishing/downloading changes at some point I got a merge conflict regarding ProjectSettings/ProjectSettings.asset. That happened when I tried to download someone else's commit. I chose to keep the server's version and SOME of the settings were overwritten. I think that all the settings that were in dropdown menus or checkboxes were overwritten, but all the fields that you had to write some text (for example the package name) didn't change.

Is this strange behaviour normal?

2. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

Hi @GKdev1980,

Thanks for reaching out. What you have reported is definitely not expected behaviour.

So that we take a closer look at your account, your project and it's publish history, please can you log this as a support ticket via the Collaborate section of the Developer Dashboard?

To do this:
    1. Navigate to project on the Developer Dashboard
    2. Select Collaborate > Support from the left hand menu
    3. Click on Open a Ticket and fill out the support form

Look forward to hearing from you!