Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Shoud I use LegacyInputHelpers (ARPoseDriver vs TrackedPoseDriver)

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by gwuwer-mms, Mar 23, 2020.

1. gwuwer-mms

gwuwer-mms

Today I updated my AR project to the newest Unity Version (2019.3.5) and the newest AR Foundation Version (3.0.1) and noticed that something changed to the TrackedPoseDriver. It disappeared!

My project stopped working because of there where no script that moved the AR Camera like my AR device (phone). On the AR Camera, there was a missing script reference (probably the TrackedPoseDriver). But I could not find it in my project only a script called ARPoseDriver. I attached it to the camera and voila, it was working again.

But I was still wondering what happened to the TrackedPoseDriver. I noticed it is in the package com.unity.xr.legacyinputhelpers. Because it was called legacy and removed after I updated my project I thought the new script is the way to do it now.
    But now I found in my Project Setting at the bottom a tab called Input Helpers and a warning that they are not installed and I should install them now.

Now my Question:
    What should we use? The LegacyInputHelpers or the "new" ARPoseDrive?
    And can someone explain this situation a little bit? Why the LegacyInputHelpers were removed from my project, why there is a new ARPoseDriver, etc.?