Search Unity

Feature Request Shortcut to install project's Unity version?

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by macorig, Apr 13, 2022.

1. macorig

macorig

When a project uses a Unity version that is not currently installed, the Hub will ask you to either pick a different version or send you to the Install screen.
    For archived Unity versions, especially, this can be a bit of a tedious process, because you have to manually browse for the exact version you need...

I've just heard that Hub used to provide the option to download/install the needed version, directly, without the need to manually look for it. Is this option still available, and if not, can we get something like this, again?

2. Henrarz

Henrarz

Bump.

Why Unity removed this from the Hub (it used to exists) is beyond me

3. LeFx_Tom

LeFx_Tom

bump here too - left the same request in the feedback thread. Absolutely horrible design decision to remove one of the few useful features this tool ever had to offer.

4. myanko

myanko

I opened an issue for this that is not possible to found anywhere.

(Case 1405719) When having a missing editor, in previous verison of the hub2, we were able to directly instantly install the missing editor.​

This is the answer I got about it.

Thank you for submitting the issue.​

After a further resolution with developers, I was told that this feature is not yet in Unity Hub V3, however, we have this feature on our radar and it will come out some time in the future.​

That said, if you have further questions, please feel free to contact us.​

macorig likes this.
  5. myanko

myanko

6. zORg_alex

zORg_alex

Bump. I need that too.

7. LeFx_Tom

LeFx_Tom

Bump again - seriously - it was there before, it is wanted again - Why is it not even being considered?

Henrarz likes this.
  8. LeFx_Tom

LeFx_Tom

As I got feedback from two different unity sources that they are "looking into it" - any update @Unity?