Search Unity

SHOOTER SYSTEM [Preview version]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by diasrodrigo, May 3, 2019.

1. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

SHOOTER SYSTEM IS CURRENTLY IN THE PREVIEW VERSION
    (It means that it can be buggy yet)

Large Main Image 02.png

This is the official thread to get informations and ask something about Shooter System. Feel free to ask or give suggestions.

Asset Store link: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/packs/shooter-system-preview-136661

Windows Demo | Documentation | Tutorials

Create 3rd Person Shooter Games easier: with this package you will be able to create characters that can carry weapons, fire, reload and get new items. ⚡

What is in the package?
    • A Complete system that allows you to create weapons, bullets, shooter characters, aiming IK.
    • 3 weapons with character animations: Assault Rifle, Pistol and Bow
    • Custom window to create new characters
    • Scriptable data for weapons and bullets
    • Demo Scene
    • Integration for Climbing System

This package helps you to create shooter system for your character. You can set different weapons, create scriptabled data, customize your own UI and more. It's still in preview and more features will come in the future. Any doubt, you can contact me.

FEATURES:

• Script-based animator: Only three parameters to work with and no explicit transitions.
    • Camera Controller: you can set different cameras for each weapons.
    • Visual and easy Inspector: friendly inspector to help you change scripts parameters.

DESIGNED FOR HUMANOIDS: All scripts were designed to be used in Humanoid characters. Using scripts in Generic rigs are not guaranteed.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    ikemen_blueD likes this.
  2. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

3. ikemen_blueD

ikemen_blueD

I prefer Hip Fire by default like Opsive TPS controller. Can you support it? Also, I super-like your Animator setup, Ability system, Foot system, etc. But, I kind of do not like your Grounding & Collision handling. Any chance to make the Motor Core Character system to be modular so I can use like Kinematic Character Controller as a core character instead.

diasrodrigo likes this.
  4. Reiner

Reiner

2019.3.1 New cleare Project 135 Errors in Console Missing Labels...

5. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

@Reiner this is the alpha version you are using right? or are you using 2019.1.3?

6. ikemen_blueD

ikemen_blueD

@diasrodrigo I know this is still in beta. Any plans for Cover ability like what Redbee's Third Person Cover System did? Also, please support Hip Fire like Hammer game does. Personally, I prefer shoot that way, faster and more controllable. Thanks :) can't wait to see this system to grow more in future.

7. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

@ikemen_blueD actually there is a script called Cover int he paclage, but it's a little buggy, that's the reason I didn't mention it before. If you want to use it, add Cover to your character abilities. To use it, you have to create an object with Cover layer. In your Vault ability, if you add cover layer in the layer mask, and add Cover to ignore abilities, you will be able to vault when covering crouched. Also the animations for cover is already in the package. You can also aim and fire covered.

About Hip fire, I also want to do this, but I would like to make it feel nice to play, and I have to prepare some stuffs to allow it, but thank you for your suggestion.

ikemen_blueD likes this.
  8. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

I imported the package in a new empty project, and I didn't get this error. I opened in Unity 2019.1.3f

9. hedgefield

hedgefield

This is looking really good! The preview version already has great functionality.

I saw you updated it to for compatibility with the 3.0 version of the climbing controller too, but will you have a tutorial later to explain more how to integrate those two? The shooter demo character doesn't yet have crawl etc, and building a climbing character on top of the shooter character prefab breaks some things, and vice versa when trying to add weapons to the 3.0 character. I suppose that's why it's a preview ;) but looking forward to an easy integration when it is finished. Good work!

10. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

Thank you for your feedback @hedgefield . I'll check out this issues and fix it.

11. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

Hello.
    It's been a while since I posted for the last time.
    I'm working in a new update for Shooter System. A lot of improvements will come with the new update. I would like to share some screeshots of the new version:

upload_2020-1-10_11-37-6.png
    New effects will be added, like impacts, that is handled by a custom controller to determine which effect should be spawned accordingly object tag.

upload_2020-1-10_11-41-54.png
    New inspector looks to allow edit weapons easier, including all animations and events.

upload_2020-1-10_11-43-5.png
    New character Shooter Controller, easier to edit in Modifier Manager.

Inventory now is a scriptable object that you can create by yourself and add weapons and bullets to this:
    upload_2020-1-10_11-44-53.png

And it will be easier to integrate with Climbing System.
    Hope you like the news.

12. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

Hello, some news for Shooter System. Now it's possible to use Sniper:

13. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

I've been working to finish all updates, and I would like to share a demo of new version for Shooter System working with Climbing System, that also will receive update: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JD64kp1nVv6PGJNdi4NhTLJ2tK1TA37w

This is a short video showing new version:

In this new version, new weapons will be available, scripts were completely redesigned and now its easier to customize for each gun. In the new version camera is controlled by Cinemachine.

14. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

15. Secbaba

Secbaba

Juste pour te remercier pour ce travail bien fait. Je n'ai pas encore acheter ce pack pour une seule raison, a savoir les zombies. Pourquoi ne pas faire un actif avec des ennemis armés?

16. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

Hello
    Could you please tell me in english? Sorry, I don't speak french.
    Thank you

17. redoxoder

redoxoder

hello , look very good
    is it possible to have custom action like open door ?
    ai will be developped ? like arms guy who can use cover ?
    thanks

18. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

Actually there is no ready opend door, but you can implement by yourself using my asset. This asset already has a simple AI implemented in Zombies, also cover ability.

19. redoxoder

redoxoder

hi
    can you help me
    i have an error when imported an other asset (ennemy AI)
    i don't understand why and how to solve it
    upload_2020-3-28_11-10-55.png

Found the error , conflict whit the two assets (shooter system and enemyAI)
    in action.cs of enemyAI
    remplace
    public abstract class Action : ScriptableObject
    by
    public abstract class ActionAI : ScriptableObject
    after
    remplace in all script the Action by ActionAI
    now no more errors.
    nice will test now
    :):)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    diasrodrigo likes this.
  20. redoxoder

redoxoder

Hi
    Any news on futur update ?
    Thanks

21. ml785

ml785

Can character be rigidbody-based?

22. YorkshirePudding

YorkshirePudding

Hi,

Firstly I would just like to say I love this asset, I have the climbing system too, brilliant!

My current game is a top-down click to move type game, I have managed to modify the character controller to work using a manual update method and simulating the move input controls based on the navmesh agent movement.

However, I ran into a couple of issues:

1. The UnityInputManager class enforces a camera which is used to calculate the RelativeInput vector, I understand it is required for 3rd person. But it was super easy to use this as a top-down point-and-click controller, so it would be really handy if you could add a flag (like manualUpdate) which turns off the camera requirement and just proxies the Move vector to the RelativeInput property.
    2. The UnityInputManager also forces the cursor to be locked, again I understand this is a 3rd person controller, but again with a simple flag it would be great if we could turn this off.
    I worked around the issues above by modifying the UnityInputManager class and wrapping the above bits of code in an if statement. Obviously when I update the asset I will need to make the changes again. But it would be really handy if you could add the flags in there to make this fully manual. Plus it opens your controller up to a lot more use cases.

for example:

• bool manualInputUpdate // turns off the button/axes polling
    • bool manualCameraAdjustment // turns off the automatic transform from the 3rd person camera and removes the requirement a camera to be specified.
    • expose m_HideCursor as public so we can manually specify if we want to lock and hide the cursor.

Edit: I did try removing the exiting UnityInputManager class and replacing with my own but it caused errors when creating a character. We cannot sub-class either because the base class uses private methods/variables.

Thank you

diasrodrigo likes this.
  23. detvog

detvog

Hello, can anyone help me ? I have insert a Emeral AI Model. But the shoot goes through the model. The boxcollider from Emerald have no collision with the bullet

Sorry for my bad english...

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  24. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

Thank you fro your feedback. I really appreciate it.

In any weapon there is a field for layer mask where you set where shoot can hit. Check if it's tracing for the emerald collider layer mask you are using.

25. Snake111

Snake111

hi is it possible to add a melee weapons?
    great asset

diasrodrigo likes this.
  26. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

Speaking as a programmer, yes it's possible. But you need to code it, the asset is not ready for melee actions.

27. redoxoder

redoxoder

hi, any news ???

28. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

why player is not able to aim when is crouched?

29. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

HeyRodrigo i snet you several mail... i need some help and tips forf your great kit...

plus ..is there a way to make default player locomotion to walk insted run?

30. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hello,

Need help with your asset.

Created some custom weapons but for some reason when I try to equip they're still in the holster and not re parented to the WeaponSocket GO. I can cycle through the weapons, I can confirm I can also shoot bullets but weapon is invisible. I can't find anywhere a state or an animator event where you tell to re parent the weapon from holster GO to weaponSocket GO. How is that performed??

Also, when aiming with a weapon it's pretty inconsistent. If it zooms when aiming (almost never but sometimes it does) when I fire a bullet camera unzoom and goes back to locomotion position.... EDIT: fixed this was due to the fact that I renamed some of the states in my duplicated canimator controller

Another thing is regarding the inventory. when I test the scene, and shoot bullets.Stop the scene and start it again the inventory "remember"s the bullets shot.... I have to go back to the project window, select the inventory prefab and re set the amount of ammo manually.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  31. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

Hello, I answered your e-mail today, explaining these issues. Sorry for the long time to answer you

32. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

for this.... if Dias explaination werent enough.. and i doubt on that due rodrigo is always very helpful and exahustive.. let me know.... due i managed to work with this...btw is not an issue ..is how scirptable objects works...
    you simply need to reset the state every time game starts..

add these lines these to the Awake() function of the GlobalEvent.cs script

inventoryData.Weapons.Clear();// Reset Player Inventory Weapon
    inventoryData.Bullets.Clear();// Reset Player Inventory Bullets

hope ti helps

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    PROTOFACTOR_Inc likes this.
  33. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Just to confirm that the developer of this system has been answering me in multiple occasions now. He has been very helpful and has given appropriate and detailed pointers as to how to handle specific things. I definitely recommend this system and conjunction with his other assets.
    And thanks you Leon for your help on the inventory!

Virtuadreamer and diasrodrigo like this.