Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooter AI – The Ultimate Artificial Intelligence Solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nikita68, Oct 8, 2013.

1. cdutoit

cdutoit

Hi Nikita - that'd be AWESOME! I love how your kit automatically handles this part of it so having an alternative implementation for Unity free would rock. Keep up the good work of supporting your customers! I've just left you a positive review in the asset store. We appreciate you standing behind the product.

2. radiantboy

radiantboy

So I finally got the gun sort of being carried, it does seem to float around in her hand like its not "welded" to it properly, but from a distance looks pretty cool :)

Also - a new weird issue has cropped up:

MissingComponentException: There is no 'Animator' attached to the "abdomen2" game object, but a script is trying to access it.

seems to occur here (ShooterAIReferenceObject): transform.parent = animator.GetBoneTransform(HumanBodyBones.Spine).transform;

Im not sure why it suddenly cares about this part of my model when it never did? what do I do to fix? make it a rigid body?

3. nikita68

nikita68

@cdutoit
    Thanks for the nice words! You can't imagine how much it helps out.

@radiantboy
    The floating is because of that error :D just noticed that the script had a loop whole. Fixed in next update.

If anybody has any bugs, please list them now for the next update.

Thanks!

4. radiantboy

radiantboy

Oh nice, I was also wondering how you stop the red line appear on the bullet trail? Im going to render my own with a trail renderer.

I have come across a few null pointers but I dont have them to hand right now, im busy working on it so I will try list them in this post if I find them.

I also noticed that my character seems to kill themself by shooting at others, maybe!

Apart from that looking forward to the update :-D

Edit: would be nice to see melee stuff in the demo scene in update? :) maybe some sounds for gun firing reloading? :) I dont quite understand melee either, is it possible to have them pick up a "bat" or something, right now it seems like they use the bullet or something? I dont really notice what actually happens.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  5. nikita68

nikita68

@radiantboy

The red line is just a debug from the script "DontGoThroughThings" and you shouldn't see it in the game, though you can just comment out that line.

The suicidal thing sometimes happen when they go into panic, though i'll look into it.

I'll probably make a tutorial on the melee side.

Thanks!

6. radiantboy

radiantboy

Awesome stuff man!!.. Also is there a way to have them not draw their weapon until people are around and put it away after? I realise this might be complex but its a bit strange people always having their arm out, Im just wondering the best way to go about it.

I also think you should be able to add multiple tags for enemies, so one character could consider the player an enemy but also a gang etc.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  7. nikita68

nikita68

@radiantboy
    You could make a custom animation that moves the object "Elbow" under "HoldingPositions", which then makes it look like its stowed away + deactivate the guns model renderer.

I'll see what i can do regarding multiple tags.

Some news on the next update: There WILL be a FREE IK system implemented in the next update which works automatically out of the box, though you may need to adjust some target rotations.

8. cdutoit

cdutoit

This will be AWESOME. Do you have an ETA on the next update - just a ballpark?

9. nikita68

nikita68

I'm afraid of giving an exact date, so I'd say a week/10 days. But this isn't a promise and could change at any moment.

Also this will be a buggy release because of so many new fundamental features, and there will probably a bug fixing update soon after. I apologize in advance :)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  10. nikita68

nikita68

More neeews on the upcoming update:

I've implemented reactive ragdolls (currently in bug testing phase) that makes the AI fall down and then get back up if they're hit in a disabling area.

EDIT: also added multiple teams.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  11. Pauloxande

Pauloxande

Hello friend how to make that shot "AI prefab" hit my player with "! Realistic FPS Prefab" and remove points of life
    I managed to get him to attack me but I can not make him take life points, it will be necessary to put a "ragdoll" in my player

thanks
    thanks $Sem título.jpg

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  12. nikita68

nikita68

Hello!

I'm really sorry, but i haven't implemented native support with the Realistic FPS Prefab yet, though I've already started researching and contacting the developer.
    I'll try and implement it as quickly as possible.

In the mean time, you could write a small script that is attached to the bullet to see if it hit the player (or flew closely by). If you have any problems contact me!

13. Pauloxande

Pauloxande

Yes I will try, do you have some script with it.
    cuz the person who is not programmer work here. is that you could help me I would end this game

thank you

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  14. Pauloxande

Pauloxande

hello friend I tried this script, but it did not work
    does look like you could do to remove that damage the health screen

the script where the player is showing the amount of health
    see: $Sem título.png

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  15. nikita68

nikita68

Weird. I will definitely look into this.

16. johny

johny

As the AI uses the unity nav mesh does this mean we will need unity pro for path finding to work?

17. Pauloxande

Pauloxande

I use unity pro 4 the nav mesh works he comes over me throwing normal, I want a script to do the shots AI subtract the points the player lives, I use Realistic FPS.

18. Pauloxande

Pauloxande

The problem in this collider

19. nikita68

nikita68

@johny - Unity Navmesh is also now in Unity Free. Also in the new update we included built-in A*, so you get a choice between TWO pathfinding systems!

20. nikita68

nikita68

NEW UPDATE OUT!!!!!!

1.1 (10.2.14)
    - A* pathfinding
    - Full Unity Free compatiblity support
    - Support for no weapon wielding
    - Dynamic reactions to bullets; AI fall down and get up if hit in critical areas
    - Control where the AI can take cover using tags
    - More realistic behaviour
    - More optimisation
    - Improved demo scene
    - Lots of bug fixes

Also price went down to $45.

Thanks!

21. Pauloxande

Pauloxande

Hello Friend "Shooter AI" I am not able to download via UNITY stop at 41%

22. nikita68

nikita68

@Pauloxande

1) I think you should contact the Asset Store team as i don't control the download process :/

2) I believe i found the solution to making Shooter AI work with Realistic FPS Prefab is by adding the following code to "BulletHealthExtras" script, in lines 119 and 138.

Code (csharp):
    2. collision.gameObject.SendMessageUpwards("ApplyDamage", extraHitValue, SendMessageOptions.DontRequireReceiver);
    Please tell me if it works.

Thanks!

23. Pauloxande

Pauloxande

worked, but not be subtracting points life, how else do to determine the rate of fire of AI, and

thanks

24. nikita68

nikita68

If the hit points arent subracting, try modifying the value of the "Extra Hit Value" variable on the "BulletHealthExtras" script which is attached to the "Bullet1" prefab.

Thanks!

25. Pauloxande

Pauloxande

It's working, but it needs is close to deduct hitpoints, and AI is completely crazy, and asks to put the rigidbody bullet clone. could you help me

I'm trying to download the new version to see if it works but not to download the 40% Asset Store

26. Pauloxande

Pauloxande

Friend can not download it to the Asset Store by 41%
    you can solve this?

27. Pauloxande

Pauloxande

looks just've done everything to try to download, you can send me will be otherwise

Look at the date I'm trying and nothing $Sem título.jpg

thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  28. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

Your demo link aren't working when clicking them through the asset store.

29. Pauloxande

Pauloxande

No, the link appears "UPDATE" I click to give update and paralyzes at 41% and does not pass
    this is not demo I bought when it was still $ 60, then the price dropped and when I give will not update

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  30. nikita68

nikita68

@adamz - Everything works on my machine.

@Pauloxande - I can't help you with any stuff regarding the process of downloading from the Asset Store, as im only a publisher on it, whilst Unity handles everything else. I suggest going to them (http://unity3d.com/company/contact/get-in-touch).

Thanks!

31. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

It doesn't work, I just tried it on IE and Firefox. When I go to your asset store page:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/11292

And click either "AI vs ALL" or "Shooter AI with UFPS" it times out without anything loading and IE says "waiting for gateway..."

32. nikita68

nikita68

Very weird. Everything works perfectly for me. Try restarting firefox maybe.

Do the links in the forum thread work?

33. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

I even tried them in Chrome as well, both links from the asset store and the forum thread. Maybe my company's firewall is blocking your URLS, but I never had a problem with any other links before. Anyways I'll try it at home and see if I can get them to run.

34. Pauloxande

Pauloxande

I went to the folder of the Asset Store on my CPU, I removed the folder from the "Gateway Games" and redid the download and nothing.
    It freezes at 41% and is no longer dowload.
    This link page of the "IE" it asks me to buy again,
    will I buy it all over again, I paid a price when it was lowered the price and I have to pay again?
    This is not possible, right.
    Look at the error that appears on the screen $Erro.png
    Can they send by mail or not.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  35. SkermunkelStudios

SkermunkelStudios

Hi,

Recently purchased Shooter AI but I have a few questions:

1. How do I add non-humanoid characters and give them ragdolls without the Ragdoll or Shooter AI freaking out?

2. How can I use my own anaimations in Shooter AI and if possible can I still take advantage of the Ragdoll still if I use my own animations?

3. How do I implement a character with no weapon wielding? Do I just not add a weapon object? Also how do I have this character attacking with a specific animation with a specific part of its body being the lethal/hit point.

4. How do I add weapons and bullets that arent models and are rather multi-layered particle system prefabs (in order to creat spell-like weapons), also how would I be able to keep the colliders that my particle systems depend on to retain their shape and forces?

Please get back to me ASAP, we are desperately trying to get this plugin implemented into our project without it holding us back in terms of development.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  36. SkermunkelStudios

SkermunkelStudios

I noticed that URG (Ultimate Ragdoll Generator) is able to make Ragdolls from virtually any non-humanoid models (as long as they are rigged and skinned) will this maybe be of use in getting my non-humanoid characters compatible with ShooterAI?

37. nikita68

nikita68

@XMachinaX -

1) Ragdolls are just colliders + riogidbodies + character joints, meaning you can make them manually. Shooter AI will adapt to it dynamically.

2) This is possible, though it might be a bit complicated:
    I) In the import settings select under "Animation Type" to "Generic", and try if it works. Then modify the animations using mecanim controller "EnemyAnimator"
    <or>
    II) Use a standard animation component and use your own animations, though you might need to reconfigure soem scripts to work with your animations.

3) If you want the AI character to hold no weapon, click on the character -> "AIController Child" -> "Weapons And Engagment" -> Click "Hold No Weapon", though in reference to question 4, if you want non-standard weapons, you can make them using the normal procedure in creating weapons, just dont include a model. Also instead of using normal bullets, you can use your own "bullet" that has specail properties.

5) If URG uses standard Unity colliders, it should work.

Thanks!

38. SkermunkelStudios

SkermunkelStudios

@nikita68:

1) Thats awesome glad that Shooter AI can dynamically adapt to non-humanoid rigs as well.

2) I) I will try this out 1st, where can I find good basic Mecanim tutorials to help me with this procedure?
    II) Which scripts would have a problem as I dont think I will be using all of Shooter AI's functions (eg. we wont be using the cover finding at all).
    Also is there a way for you to maybe give me modified scripts that would work with custom animations, apologies I dont really know much about programming which is the reason I am using plugins (especially Playmaker) for all my scripting needs. Otherwise even if you can just send me instructions on what to change and how to change it.

3) Good to hear that it is very easy to set up characters that dont have items in their hands.

4) Very glad to hear that more abstract weapons are also possible, I just want to check if colliders on these particle systems will still pose problems?

5) Yes as far as I know it still uses normal Unity colliders.

Thank so much for all the support, I cant wait to get Shooter AI fully integrated into our project.

39. SkermunkelStudios

SkermunkelStudios

Apologies forgot to ask:

Is there a way to create a character without adding a ragdoll and only relying on custom animations (if push comes to shove and I cant integrate a proper ragdoll into my characters as they have cloth rigs and planes that I want integrated into the ragdoll as well, but that is something I will try sort out with URG)?

40. nikita68

nikita68

@MachinaX -

2) This is the tutorial i learned to use Mecanim: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx21y9eJq1U
    II)
    AIMovementController, AIStateManager, RagdollHelper, HandIK, IKFreeManager, IKLimb, ElbowTarget
    If any scripts cause problems, just comment out the lines which are causing problems. The following scripts should be just deactivated: RagdollHelper, HandIK, IKFreeManager, IKLimb, ElbowTarget

Also, you should drag and drop the root of your model into Ai Character -> "Model" -> "Ragdoll Transitions" -> "Bone Parent"

I think this is it, but i may have missed something.

Unfortunately I can't help much with custom animations as it really depends on your project. If you give me a base script (from the forums or somewhere), i could modify it so that it works with Shooter AI.

4) Nope, they shouldn't.

6) If you don't need any ragdoll transitions, first deactivate the scripts i mentioned in II), then in the script "RagdollTransitions", comment out the lines from 18 - 37.

Thanks!

41. Grespon

Grespon

Hi,
    I think you'll like ot know that your demo scenes in the asset store are not opening due to:

"CPU Limit Reached
    You are seeing this page because website has reached CPU usage limit of the server, and it was temporarily disabled."

42. nikita68

nikita68

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  43. cl-apps

cl-apps

Hi there just bought this and running into error on import:

Assets/Standard Assets/ShooterAIUnityScripts/ik/IKControl.js(43,200): BCE0019: 'target' is not a member of 'UnityEngine.Component'.

Specs: Mac / Unity 4.3.4 / iOS Pro

Not sure if the iOS part is causing the trouble...

Hope you can help

44. cl-apps

cl-apps

UPDATE:

Yes the iOS part was causing the problem. Switching to Desktop build fixed that.

Now I have this error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    RagdollHelper.LateUpdate () (at Assets/Shooter AI/Animations/RagdollBack/Scripts/RagdollHelper.cs:150)

I have rag dolled my character and have dragged the reference into the Model Management field but erroring out for some reason...

45. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

How modular is the IK implementation? From reading the asset store it looks like it uses Unity IK which is a Pro only feature. However, I have purchased and would like to use FinalIK. Would it be possible for me to replace your existing IK solution with FinalIK? If it were C# I wouldn't hesitate but it's JS and I'm a JS noob when it comes to Unity.

46. bobbylee

bobbylee

Hello nikita68,

Are you going to continue work on this project, or are you calling this complete (Final 1.3).

Thank you.

47. snowcult

snowcult

Any idea what's going on here?

I've followed the tutorial video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6yG_OhtZbk up until about 11:00 and I get the above error.

Edit: seems to be the same as cl-apps. I'm using PC, Mac Linux Standalone, for reference.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  48. snowcult

snowcult

Ok so I fixed this issue by changing my Ragdoll root to the parent of the model. Now I'm just having the problem of the AI completely disappearing from view when I start my scene.

49. nikita68

nikita68

@Shinfok and cl-apps
    The first bug (with the root) you were getting is going to be fixed in the next update (this/next week) and fully automated.

@Shinfok - could you elaborate please? In what way is the AI disappearing?

@bobbylee - Yes, i continually work on this project, for example adding A* navigation and free IK in the last update, as well as bug fixes and constant optimization. I make what the public wants :)

@Dustin Horne - We actually got 2 great systems working for both Pro and Free Unity versions! The IK is fully modular, so it shouldn't be too hard to implement a new system, though we already got some great stuff. If you need any help just contact me

Thanks!

50. snowcult

snowcult

It disappears, as in... when I start my scene (play)... it doesn't actually appear at all.

http://i.imgur.com/8d69sD2.jpg

There is no error for it in my console, so I have no idea why it's not appearing.