Search Unity

Shooter AI – The Ultimate Artificial Intelligence Solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nikita68, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Mikeedee

Mikeedee

Hello Nikita, are there any updates regarding Shooter AI 3.0 ? Anxiously waiting for it so I can buy it :)

2. nikita68

nikita68

@Tinjaw -
    1) You can confirm by going into the asset store through the editor and seeing if theres an "update" button on the SAI store page.
    2) Go to the AI -> NavMeshAgent -> BaseHeightOffset, set it lower.

@MikeDee - just a few more days and you'll get all the info :)

Thanks!
    NIkita

3. rbm123

rbm123

I add my character to "Enemy data -> current enemy" but when I run the the game the filed become cleared(none)!

I use "FPS main camera" PERFAB from RFPS package

***update***

I have found the reason but I dont know what to do!

1- as you see when game is not run all the objects are childrens of "FPS 2 Main camera" and when game is running all of them are out !(sorry my english is not good ! :) )

2- at the first I added "FPS 2...." prefab to current enemy ! so when game is running there is no prefab and current enemy become "none"

3- while game is runned I add "FPS player" to current enemy (enemy data) and the soldier comes to me ! but when I stop the game the current enemy become none!(No1 problem!)

4- when soldier detects me only shut some bullet and come to my current position ! when i move he don't moves! when I checked the current enemy was "none" !

what should I do?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  4. nikita68

nikita68

@rbm123 -
    Have you watched our RFPS vid:

Also, whilst in the editor, set the current enemy to FPS Player, which is a child of FPS Main 2. This should fix your errors.

Thanks!
    Nikita

5. rbm123

rbm123

I've done all the things in vid and what you said but still not working ! watch this

6. nikita68

nikita68

@rbm123 -
    1) In the RFPS weapon script, it has to be "Damage" with a capitalised D.
    2) Set the tag of the "FPS Player" object to Team2.

I think that should fix all of the problems you're seeing.

Thanks!
    Nikita

7. rbm123

rbm123

@nikita68

Thnks for your great help and support!

only one more thing - when i shot the soldier after he dies he act like he is dieng with Graned or rocket! his body jumps very high!

sorry for my english!

8. Shepar

Shepar

9. nikita68

nikita68

@rbm123 - Unfortunetly thats a Unity physics bug. It may also be the force setting in your bullets.

@Shepar - Hmm, this seems extrmely weird. Maybe try rebaking the navmesh? I'll look into it, but doesn't look like anything i've seen before.

Thanks!
    Nikita

10. Shepar

Shepar

@Nikita

I rebaked the navmesh. Also I tested it in several maps AI_Test (default Ai shooter map) and I got the same issue.

11. nikita68

nikita68

@Shepar - Did you setup the UFPS character correctly:

12. Shepar

Shepar

@nikita68 - We checked the UFPS setup, it seems correctly. Also we are going to update UFPS maybe we will get some improvement. Hard stuff, this issue :(

13. wheelbarrow

wheelbarrow

Hi guys, just bought your asset, and my player toon uses raycasting instead of bullets (using a laser weapon). What code do I have to use to pass on damage etc to your ai when I hit it with the raycast? This was my coding attempt after looking through your health script, but it doesn't work :(
    if(hit.collider.gameObject.tag == "Team1")
    hit.collider.SendMessage("AIHit",Damage,SendMessageOptions.DontRequireReceiver);

Team1 being the default tag on the prefab soldier.
    Cheers.

14. nikita68

nikita68

@Shepar - I hope the UFPS update helps, but i'm totally lost at this issue.

@wheelbarrow - Almost! It should be hit.collider.SendMessage("Damage",Damage,SendMessageOptions.DontRequireReceiver);

This works best for raycasting.

Thanks!
    Nikita

15. nikita68

nikita68

@Everybody! - This is important:

Hello everybody!
    For the past few weeks, we've been telling you about a big announcement. Finally I present to you…

The Big Announcement!

As some of you may know, the team here has just finished school and we're now going to different universities. The load is tremendous in comparison to the environment that we're used to, and thus we have decided to close down Gateway Games for an indefinite time period. You are now probably wondering what will happen with support, sales, and mainly Version 3.0.

Version 3.0 will be released as one, final, free update for current users of Shooter AI later this year. However, this version is not complete and is not everything we set out to create in Shooter AI.

Enter Paragon AI. Paragon AI is a new shooter AI solution developed by Squared55.

You can view Paragon AI’s forum post here: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/paragon-ai-first-third-person-shooter-ai.305971/

Here are some webplayer demos for Paragon AI

-Paragon AI VS Paragon AI: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/134870143/Demo.html
    -UFPS vs Paragon AI (Hard): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/134870143/UFPS Webplayer.html
    -UFPS vs Paragon AI (Easy): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/134870143/Easier Demo.html
    -Paragon AI VS Shooter AI: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/134870143/Paragon AI VS Shooter AI.html

These last few weeks we've been talking, and discussing, and have come to an arrangement. Current users of Shooter AI will be able to upgrade to Paragon AI for an extremely discounted price. We expect this upgrade cost somewhere between $5 and $15.

Personally, I believe Paragon offers everything I ever wanted in Shooter AI, and am very happy to be able to help in supporting a wonderful asset. Not only that, I will be also providing consultation so that we still are a drag-and-drop solution, work with UFPS out of the box, and eventually, have multiplayer.

We understand many of you may be upset, disappointed and/or confused (and rightly so), and we'll be answering any questions below.

Personally, I am very sad to have to close Gateway Games. Since we launched Shooter AI 1.0 on November 8th 2013, we've had the absolute best community I could have ever imagined. The modules some of you created, astounded and motivated us every day to keep on working. Seeing a new good review always brought a smile to my face. I really did love working on this project, as it always brought such interesting problems. I will forever remember this period of my life with a smile, and I hope that I may able to return as a publisher sometime in the future. <3

Thank you!

Nikita Makarov

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
    squared55 likes this.
  16. julianr

julianr

@nikita68 - We've not used Shooter AI since we bought it - but purchased it anyway to support your efforts and use it in the future as the product matures more. I always felt that the weapon holding wasn't right and hopefully it was going to be addressed in version 3.0, but Paragon AI looks to address this. It's a shame version 3.0 will not be feature complete as we were going to use it when it was out, but I can understand things change, people move on etc. How and when can we upgrade to Paragon AI? Good luck!

nikita68 and squared55 like this.
  17. sluice

sluice

@nikita68, Best of luck in your future endeavours!

It's really awesome that you took time to find an arrangement with an Alternate AI system.
    You were not in any obligation, but by doing so you prove how much you care about your customers.

Kudos to you, and thanks. :)

nikita68 and squared55 like this.
  18. nikita68

nikita68

@julianr - I'm very sorry, that was one of our key upgrades with 3.0 . We'll release the code as far as it is later on so you can still use it if you need it.

The upgrade will be via the Asset Store, meaning if you bought Shooter AI and then go to the page of Paragon, you will see an upgrade button + price. Paragon itself will go online once the newest UFPS update comes out (for drag-and-drop support), and the Asset Store team accepts the package.

@sluice - Thank you for the kind words! I personally felt obligated towards you guys to provide access to a solution which i can back and say it gives you AAA AI.

sluice and julianr like this.
  19. GenOli

GenOli

So will Paragon have a functioning zombie AI? (unlike Shooter AI)

20. sluice

sluice

@GenOli, I don't think @nikita68 is affiliate with the development of Paragon.

You would be best to ask it's creator.

21. radiantboy

radiantboy

Good luck to you @nikita68 and your team at university! You have provided top notch AI at such a young age, I can only imagine what you will do during and after university :) Paragon looks lovely, thanks for the nice hand off, and all of the amazing work that went into ShooterAI, and again good luck for the future!

nikmak and sheffieldlad like this.
  22. Tatsumi-Kun

Tatsumi-Kun

So how I can have have NPC in my game with shooter Ai and my gun don't fix good on my Ai and how I can kill my Ai

23. rbm123

rbm123

24. Muralidaran

Muralidaran

So how do we go about updating at the discounted price?

Thanks,
    Mura

25. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

JBR-games likes this.
  26. thearshadnadeem

thearshadnadeem

hi can someone pls help how to increse the health of enemy soldier coz with only one fire shot enemy dies pls can someone help me out ?

27. GWStudio

GWStudio

Hey I need help..
    How to apply damage to enemy AI I am using AU FPS from armedunity please help me ..
    Thanks

28. petresco

petresco

add tag to shell (your bullet
    create tag "Bullet" and add this tag to your shell (prefab of bullet model)

29. NeoWatchowsky

NeoWatchowsky

Shooter AI with UFPS painHUD arrows not showing
    Everything goes fine. The damage is recieved, but the painhud damage source indicator arrow just doesnt show when player is shot.
    That red little arrow wich show the source of attack.

30. paulojsam

paulojsam

is this compatible with ultimate survival also

31. sheffieldlad

sheffieldlad

You need to pass the source of the damage. Look on the opsive ufps forum, I posted a fix for this about a year ago.

32. sheffieldlad

sheffieldlad

33. BurzumStride

BurzumStride

Hey there, has this project been abandoned or somehow made private? All the links are down.
    Also, would this be the same system that RavenField happens to be using?

Thanks

34. Subzeroblack68

Subzeroblack68

This AI was passed on to another team, the new AI is called Tactical Shooter AI. It has all the same features plus newer ones. If you previously owned this Asset it should give you the new one for a discounted price of whatever you paid for this one. At least thats what it did for me over a year ago... Also I have no idea what RavenField uses for AI. But check out the videos for Tactical Shooter to have an idea of what its capable of

BurzumStride likes this.