Search Unity

Shooter AI – The Ultimate Artificial Intelligence Solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nikita68, Oct 8, 2013.

1. radiantboy

radiantboy

Hi,

My guys seem to be able to see me through walls, if I hide long enough they all know exactly where I am, even people above me all crowd up above me. Is there a way to make walls so they cannot see through them ?

2. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

it happened to me, i added mesh collider to walls and it solved the problem... try out, hope it works for you..

3. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@TehGamingOcelot -
    I'm truly sorry, we're still working on it as we are currently very busy. We'll have it done by the beginning of next week as we'll be unavailable over the weekend.
    Thanks for your patience.

Ryan

4. scatterp

scatterp

is there an email address to contact you or an irc channel ?
    i did send a message via your website but it was quite short due to character limits

5. id0

id0

Hi! So great asset, but there are problems.

1. Some enemies I have is robots. I do not want them to seek cover, they should just walk and shoot. But when I reset the cover time to 0 their behavior is start strange. They run through the player (find it for cover?) and stand there. Can just stop and stay. It would be great if there was just a checkbox "do not use the cover."

2. Melee works strange. Enemies run up, hit a couple of times and waiting until I killed them. Complex behavior (shoot and beat) do not work for me (maybe I do something wrong)

3. Passes through the player and each other for them in standard.

4. And there are question how hearing works? I want when the the player snake he not to be heard.

Thank you!

Привет, Никита. Я думаю так лучше) Итак, отличный ассет, но есть проблемы.
    1. Некоторые враги у меня роботы. Я не хочу чтобы они искали укрытия, они должны просто идти и стрелять. Но когда я сбросил время укрытий на 0 они стали вести себя странно. Бегут к плееру (считают его за укрытие) и там стоят. Могут просто встать и тупить. Было бы отлично если бы была просто кнопочка "не пользоваться укрытиями".
    2. Melee работает как то странно. Гады подбегают, ударят пару раз и стоят, ждут пока их прикончат. Комплексное поведение(и стрелять и бить) у меня вообще не работает (может я не так что настраиваю)
    3. Проходить сквозь игрока и сквозь друг друга у них в порядке вещей.
    4. А тут скорее вопрос, как работает слух? Я хочу сделать чтобы игрок крался и его не было слышно.

Спасибо!

6. Xzauhst

Xzauhst

I had the same issue. I played around with the melee distance number (made it smaller) and it worked like a charm.

7. julianr

julianr

Shooter AI works great, but like a few others here sorting out AI falling through terrain after being shot is very much needed, bit of a show stopper for us at the moment.

8. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@Everybody -
    We apologize for the delay regarding the support but we will be unavailable for the remainder of this week.

@scatterp -
    You can contact us at either n.makarov@hotmail.com or ryan.re.earp@googlemail.com.
    Or of course post in the forum.

@id0 -
    Sorry will give you a detailed answer at the beginning of next week.

@julianr -
    Already working on it. Update should roll out next week.

Thanks
    Ryan

julianr and Mayureshete like this.
  9. daniel1940

daniel1940

hi i have a question how i should to configure the system for a zombie enemy? i saw this tutorial :Shooter Artificial Intelligence: Quick Setup, but i can make it work i know is to much to ask but i would appreciate if you make a short tutorial for a zombie enemy

10. ruth-salguero

ruth-salguero

Hello...

I bought the asset a few days ago and it's pretty amazing....
    I have a few questions:

1) It is possible to use MECANIM with "Shooter AI"... how?
    2) I'm in a project with zombies and I would like some advice to achieve that.

Thanks for your help.

11. lordareon

lordareon

I have a question, is there a "simple" way to randomize how well the bots choose a destination? From what i tested they almost always go in the exact same line to a objective (in the CTF example) is there a way to them to do not so good paths that is not always the best ones? thats to cover more of the map and be more like a player.

12. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

waiting for the tutorial eagerly, :)

13. kokkorollo

kokkorollo

Hi, there is a way to use a shoot animation through mecanim instead of IK?
    i can't resolve IK with unity free, and see pistols in the air.
    if I try with IK solve the arms goes in strange positions...:(
    please let me know something, because i'm going crazy!! :(

14. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

they are working on that fix, and releasing the update next week..

15. Onekog

Onekog

Sounds good RyanEarpGW.
    How do I get it to you?

"Could you send us everything you have done for the crow up until now so we can create the prefab that best suits your project?"

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  16. Celtic-Indie

Celtic-Indie

Hi,

Has anyone successfully used ShooterAI with Final IK?
    I've seen the youtube demo and downloaded the sample code in the earlier threads.
    After playing with it a bit it looks ok but it's still rough around the edges.
    Looking at the Final IK examples there is something called Aim IK which looks very good.
    Has anyone successfully used Aim IK with Shooter AI please.
    If you have I'd really welcome any advice or lessons learnt that you've got about implementing it.

Thanks!

17. amrhsn

amrhsn

I have the same exact problems as @lod3 ... It is good that you are working to fix this.... Just came to give my voice in order to accelerate fixing it...

Excellent work on this asset by the way!

18. radiantboy

radiantboy

My UFPS character wont take damage from bullets from ShooterAI enemies UNLESS I am moving forward when I get hit, any ideas how to fix this?

19. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@id0 -
    1) We'll work and see on this feature.
    2) It does seem like weird behaviour. Try messing around with the settings about the enemy.
    3) Try rebuilding the character. This seems like an error during building.
    4) Hearing works by using distance measurements for the player and bullet.

@daniel1940 -
    We'll release a tutorial.

@ruth.salguero -
    We will release a video for that in case more people have the same problem.

@lordareon -
    The AI characters are currently following predefined waypoints. But we are working on a new system which will make it more random.

@Mayureshete -
    Video was released on Tuesday. Hope this will help you out.

@kokkorollo -
    It's a problem with unity 4.5, which we are currently working on.

@Onekog -
    Send us a Dropbox link.

@radiantboy -
    Currently working on it.

radiantboy and Mayureshete like this.
  20. radiantboy

radiantboy

Great stuff, I loved for the ufps demo but it doesnt seem to come with it, might give lots of clues. Also when I first shoot someone they disappear through the floor- then rise back - second hit, kills them fine.

21. inafield

inafield

Unity 4.5.1f3, latest files from Asset Store -- have not updated A* despite the fact I get a suggestion to do so after importing Shooter-AI.

AssetStoreResources is a custom folder name in my Unity project where I'm putting mostly Asset Store tools/libs I've bought.

When I move the Shooter-AI and Standard Assets folder into a sub-folder, there is a compiler error in RagdollHelper.cs that RagdollTransitions namespace does not exist.

Despite trying to move RagdollTransitions.js into various locations I had no such luck.

The only workaround was to convert it into C# code. I have placed it in /AssetStoreResources/Shooter AI/Animations/RagdollBack/Scripts/RagdollTransitions.cs

If this converted file would be at all helpful, let me know, otherwise would appreciate a fix so that subfolders work. :) That way I don't have to keep track of this for other projects or any time I upgrade your awesome asset. :)

Also, RagdollHelper is throwing null reference errors in its Awake function and LateUpdate due to usage of GetComponent. The CTF demo shows them.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  22. Dinesy

Dinesy

Hello Ryan, any news on the problem i explained before ? That the realistic FPS prefab shots do not hit/damage the enemies, i have tried to solve it myself with no luck.. Its frustrating because it is advertised as working out of the box with realistic FPS prefab... I would just use UFPS, but i am developing for PS Vita and for some reason the guns do not fire, so i stuck with RFP

Any tips or any help i could use to solve this problem?

Many thanks!

Nathan

23. InteractivaStudios

InteractivaStudios

Hello,

I am having trouble with the shooter AI package with the IK, couldn't find this anywhere in the manual or the tutorial videos:
    In the attached image you can see how the arm grabs the gun but its all messed up, the video tutorial only shows how to fix the wrist position, but how can I fix the whole arm? Plus when it walks, the arms start rotating slowly between messed positions.

Many thanks for this great asset, as other than that I have had no problems!

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      725.8 KB
      Views:
  24. lordareon

lordareon

@RyanEarpGW
    Just to clarify, im not using the patrol system, im using the CTF script that manages the bots to go to the falg location, that is dynamic, but on the path generation, it always generetate the shortest path, and all bots follow the same because i think the best path is generated for all of them. correct if im wrong.

25. RedTofu

RedTofu

Hi,
    May I ask if this pack works with all features available with Unity Free?
    It's because as I read the previous posts they said free users can't get the project work with IK and the AI have their guns floating.
    Or if this is only a bug in unity 4.5?
    I am using 4.3.4 now. May I know if this version is fine with all the features?

26. RedTofu

RedTofu

Hi, another question I want to ask, is it possible to animate crawling movement creatures such as spiders, dogs and zombies with this pack? As far as I can see, the pack can only animate human movements.

After watching all your tutorials I couldn't see anything method to spawn enemies in the middle of a game. Is it possible to do that as well?

Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  27. InteractivaStudios

InteractivaStudios

Forgive me if I'm interrupting here:

First off, yes I believe you can change the animations to custom ones, which can be crawling animations, but need to have a match to replace each of the bipedal animations it already has.

And 2, spawning should pretty simple, just make a prefab of your AI, and make a script that instantiates that game object to however you want.

28. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@inafield -
    We'll be working on a fix for the subfolders asap.

@Dinesy -
    I'm sorry but we are still in the process of fixing this issue but we will let you know as soon as we make progress. Until then you just have to be patient. Sorry!

@HERMES123 -
    This is a problem we are currently.
    Thank you we always appreciate some extra help!

@lordareon -
    Sorry I misunderstood. In this case yes that is correct the AI is always choosing the shortest path to the objective.

@RedTofu -
    The messed up IK is a bug in unity 4.5 but has also been seen in other versions of unity. We are currently working on fixing this issue.

Thanks!
    Ryan

29. RedTofu

RedTofu

Thanks for your reply!
    But I think the monsters can't be rigged into ragdolls?

30. InteractivaStudios

InteractivaStudios

Yes they can, but not with the normal unity ragdoll way, you'll have to add Characte joints, rigidbodies and capsule colliders to the main bones of the creature.

@RyanEarpGW
    Can I expect a fix soon? Is there a specific way I can improve the position with 2 hands, or should look in only using one-handed guns?
    Thanks for the reply

31. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@HERMES123 -
    Sure you should definitely try using one-handed guns to see if it fixes or at least reduces the problem. To improve the position you probably will have to wait until the next update where we address the issues. We hope to release it either early or late next week.

Thanks!
    Ryan

Mayureshete and inafield like this.
  32. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

take your time, we need clean update... ;)

33. lordareon

lordareon

So, if it is choosing the shortest path, is there a way to randomize how "good" the path is? so they move more linearly?

34. thendricks

thendricks

Is there any way to replace the character system. I made a character system, a weapon system and an IK system before I bought the AI but it's not compatible with the AI. As I have written these things already is there a way to have the AI give values to the navmesh agent or to the weapon so I could use my own movement, weapon and IK scripts.

35. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@Everybody -
    We are working on a new version of Shooter AI which will be a complete overhaul of the existing project. It will be more modular than before and include more features.

@lordareon -
    You would have to replace the existing script with your own or change it a little.

@thendricks -
    Currently Shooter AI isn't that modular but Version 2 will be.

hopeful, Mayureshete and red2blue like this.
  36. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

any ETA for the new version....?

37. thendricks

thendricks

Is there any estimate for the release of version 2

38. primus88

primus88

I have a small problem.
    I'm testing the characters already provided in the asset and I set them to melee.
    What happens is that when they approach each other, they just run around in circles around each other without actually killing each other. Is there another setting that i have to modify in order to have them attack each other?

39. Muralidaran

Muralidaran

Hello. I just got the AI package from unity yesterday and so far I am having no luck using it because of a rather annoying bug. I have followed your first tutorial, to the letter, 5 times. I am using the soldier provided in the package and 2 different weapons. First a shotgun, then a pistol. When I make the AI character it has him holding the weapon inside of his body. (The shotgun made me laugh the first time... haha) but now it is getting annoying. Has anyone else had this problem? And if so how do I fix it?

Thanks for the help,
    Mura

40. Muralidaran

Muralidaran

So I messed with the IK for about 90 minutes and got him to carry the weapon kinda ok but now when he shoots the gun gets buried in his neck and his arm gets pulled inside his body and the empty clips shoot out of his shoulder.
    Help...

41. chelnok

chelnok

That sounds cool!

42. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@Mayureshete & @thendricks -
    Beta will start in August and full release in September.

@primus88 -
    Try reducing the melee distance.

@Muralidaran -
    It's a problem with the IK many people have. It will be fixed in Shooter AI Version 2.

43. Muralidaran

Muralidaran

So that now leaves me with a few more questions.
    1. Is it worth my time to start setting up my enemies now or will all of that work be wasted once version 2 comes out?
    2. Will we be able to participate in the beta?
    3. Will the new version give better ways to setup non-humanoid characters? My game has lots of spiders, bats, snakes, demons and dragons.
    4. Will you be updating all of you tutorials for the new version?

inafield likes this.
  44. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@Muralidaran -
    1.It won't be worth your time.
    2.Yes you will be able to participate. Further details will be following as soon as we figured everything out.
    3.Well take it into consideration but with a high likelihood, yes.
    4.Yes we will do that.

Thanks!
    Ryan

Mayureshete likes this.
  45. kilik128

kilik128

about damage i read little on this post where the life of ia

i have this when i try create ia

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    AIMainCharacterCreationWindow.CreateNewAI () (at Assets/Shooter AI/Editor/Shooter AI/AIMainCharacterCreationWindow.cs:113)
    AIMainCharacterCreationWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/Shooter AI/Editor/Shooter AI/AIMainCharacterCreationWindow.cs:90)

46. kilik128

kilik128

i have find this because i have rename ressource folder for take less space on mobile export !< ! < ok

so sorry for noob question again it's the little time to understand how working all

i have set the player position like on YouTube video but it's look Inside character
    same for the head it's in space lol i but that's i think's it's comming form ragdoll

another trouble is ia shoot them alone !< < it's very strange lol

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  47. kilik128

kilik128

Ok i have check bullet and add tag aiTeam1 and the result is same
    he continue to shoot himself so i think's he get somethink's wrong
    maybie it's too mutch

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  48. kilik128

kilik128

So yes when ingage hand location is Under model i have take look to ik it's looking good
    move strong shake and all i try result nothing new

49. Diogo Roessler

Diogo Roessler

Hi, I am problem with respawn in Shooter AI, I not know for Apply in Soldier. do for 0.2 sec after dead, he return to life ???

Help Me!!

50. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@kilik128 -
    Could you please explain your first problem a little more?
    The messed up IK is a problem with unity and will be fixed in Shooter AI Version 2.
    Thats probably why they keep shooting themselves.

@Diogo Roessler -
    This might be useful.

Thanks!
    Ryan