Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

shark AI

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by forme123, Feb 6, 2015.

1. forme123

forme123

if you play stranded deep they have shark AI that go top on surface and down and dynamic way, how do they make that?

2. forme123

forme123

is there any asset for ai like that?

3. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

AI is a complicated topic. There are plenty of assets for AI. None that will work without some significant customisation.

4. R-Lindsay

R-Lindsay

You said in another thread on the same topic that you have Advanced AI Pro. Since that is a $125 asset (you did pay for it didn't you?) why don't you read through their manual and if you have a specific question about setting up waypoints with their system ask in their support thread.

ostrich160 likes this.
  5. ostrich160

ostrich160

Generally, I find the best way to think about AI (any programming really, but especially AI) is to break it down into its fundamentals. So forget the shark, we want a sea creature. Still too complicated. Forget the sea, we want an agent that will move in all axis, and if within range, we want him to follow the player.

Range is pretty easy. You just check the distance between the player and the agent, and when the distance is a certain number or less, begin following him.

Specific patterns are something you will need to work out, as well as how to do this, but we got that far by simply breaking it down to its absolute basics.

6. Ryiah

Ryiah

The sea is very simple as it is nothing more than a range limit for one axis.

7. ostrich160

ostrich160

Thats not the point I was getting at, my point was as you said, its just that. But thinking 'I need to make a shark' is more complicated, or seems to be, than 'I need to make an agent that can move in all axis'

Kiwasi and Ryiah like this.