Search Unity

Sharing iOS builds now requires Unity ID login

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by henriqueranj, Nov 17, 2016.

1. henriqueranj

henriqueranj

Hello,

Now when sharing a iOS build with Unity Cloud Build it is asking for login with a Unity ID before the device UDID detection step.

Is this a new requirement from UCB (and can it be disabled)? Or is there something wrong with my project/devices?

This is quite cumbersome for us as we cannot as easily share iOS builds with clients/partners that are testing the app.

2. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

Not a new requirement. This was something that broke when we merged the services into a single developer website recently. Someone is looking into getting that fixed ASAP.

3. henriqueranj

henriqueranj

Thanks for the quick reply @dannyd

Looking forward to see it fixed :)

4. ebanimations

ebanimations

Any idea on ETA for this?

5. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

Fix is in progress - hoping to get that deployed as soon as possible (ideally today or Monday).

6. ebanimations

ebanimations

Cool thanks for the update.

7. ebanimations

ebanimations

fixed here, than you!
    Sorry no this is still broken for us. any ETA on this?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  8. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

This should be fixed now, although may require either a hard-refresh of the site (or clearing your cache in Safari).

9. ebanimations

ebanimations

Almost,
    After clearing my cache and sending myself a fresh share link I am asked to "Detect Device" which takes me to the Unity Setup in my settings panel. I install the Unity Setup file and find myself being redirected back to the Unity Dev site and being asked to log in.
    If at this point I then retry the share link I can then install without logging in....

Tested on iPad 3

10. jhnissin

jhnissin

@dannyd Still not working. I emptied the safari cache and all other website data, but after installing the Unity Setup file I am being redirected back to the Unity development site and being asked to log in. My experience is a bit different from ebanimations' because even if I retry the share link I still have to login.

11. timtunity3d

timtunity3d

Unity Technologies

I'm looking into this right now. Thanks for the report.

12. seigman667

seigman667

Same problem here as @jhnissin - cleared the Safari cache on the iOS device, and got to the detect device screen and installed the setup file. Then redirected to log in page.

13. jhnissin

jhnissin

@timtunity3d any updates on this? This is complicating our build process to our clients quite a bit.

14. henriqueranj

henriqueranj

I'm also still having the issue as @jhnissin after clearing my cache. And it is also complicating our build processes with our clients.

Any updates about it?

15. HugeWill

HugeWill

Having the same problem here too ! Would like to give to our testers without them having to create a unity account.

hugeandy likes this.
  16. hugeandy

hugeandy

Same problem here as well ! Have tried clearing cache & cookies and using private mode browsing in safari. Every time it downloads the UDID checker, then when done it redirects to the login page. We're going to have to create a dummy account to hand out to testers if this isn't fixed soon.

17. timtunity3d

timtunity3d

Unity Technologies

Thanks so much for your patience on this one. The fixes were just pushed out, and unprivileged shared links should now be working again. Please let me know if you continue to have issues. Thanks!

18. henriqueranj

henriqueranj

Thank you very much @timtunity3d !

After clearing my Safari cache, it is now working properly - no credentials are being required.

19. hugeandy

hugeandy

Awesome, all working here too, cheers!

20. DeFaler

DeFaler

Is it possible that this issue somehow sneakily returned recently? Because on at least one iPhone here, the "share" link leads to a "sign in"-page again...

shark812 likes this.
  21. Jakpok

Jakpok

@timtunity3d This issue recently returned. After UDID detection it redirects to login page.

shark812 likes this.
  22. shark812

shark812

yes it's back!

23. Mahgo

Mahgo

Yeah I'm having this issue too.

24. joseGuate97

joseGuate97

yeah the the same issue is definitely back

25. joseGuate97

joseGuate97

Update on this - Yes, revoking the link, creating a fresh one, and cleaning the Safari cache worked.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  26. headjack

headjack

@timtunity3d @dannyd We are still having this issue with iOS apps. The after installing the Unity Setup file, we are redirected to the Unity website where it asks us to log in.

We've integrated the Unity Cloud Build API and automatically send the share link to our clients for testing, and this process is now completely broken. As a workaround, we're now instructing our clients to download the ipa, upload it to Diawi, and then use the Diawi link to install it on their devices, which is kinda ridiculous.

Please, can you guys have another look at this persistent problem?

shark812 likes this.
  27. shark812

shark812

Yeah, cause Diawi have also some restrictions and we don't want to pay for a service that should be include in Unity sub.

28. henriqueranj

henriqueranj

Hi @kregus , after this issue was fixed I haven't experienced it for months or even a whole year now. All our clients and colleagues have been able to use the share link in iOS devices.

However, some common situations occur to cause the issue you're mentioning:
    - Users don't open the share link in standalone Safari (in-app webview won't work - even though it is Safari - e.g. this happens with Slack).
    - Users have Safari in incognito mode.
    - Sometime strange things happens with their Safari cache so cleaning it fixes the issue.
    - Users have some Enterprise Mobile Device Management system locking them from installing certificates.

Can you relate to any of these situations?

EDIT:
    As this cases are very very common, it would be good if somehow the UCB share link webpage could try to detect or make these conditions more explicit to the user or to the developer. I learned these by trial and error, experience, or some post in the forums.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  29. shark812

shark812

Nothing worked so far, can you try to remove the profile and reinstall it? Cause i've already tried everything

Favo-Yang likes this.
  30. henriqueranj

henriqueranj

@shark812 Just today I used the share link into new devices that didn't have the UCB certificate installed and everything worked smoothly. We work also with several clients and team members and this issue hasn't been reported by anyone so far.

At this point I would advise to open a support ticket with the UCB support.

Favo-Yang likes this.
  31. delinskyvladimir

delinskyvladimir

Problem is still actual. Sad to pay for not working product. Up.

Favo-Yang likes this.
  32. bhupiister

bhupiister

Problem still persist. I shared a link with my team to install. What happens is that once they click on link, it opens in safari automatically and gets to the login page. If they close that page and copy paste the link to safari again, It works.

Favo-Yang and Meatloaf4 like this.