Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Bug Sharing Anchors failed.

Discussion in 'VR' started by EmissiveUnity6, Feb 15, 2023.

1. EmissiveUnity6

EmissiveUnity6

Hello,

When creating an anchor and then sharing it, we come across an error on the app logs:

- "Saving anchor(s) failed. Possible reasons include an unsupported device."

When I check the adb logs, I get the following errors:

- SP:AP:AnchorPersistenceConfig: getCloudPermissionEnabled: oculus_spatial_anchor_cloud=false

- SP:AP:AnchorPersistenceRuntimeIpcServer: Request denied based on storage location for package com.Oculus.UnitySharedSpatialAnchors, sessionUuid:e0d791ec-49a1-4948-abd4-e4754812554b

- SP:AP:AnchorPersistenceRuntimeIpcServer: Aborting saveAnchorV3 for package name: com.Oculus.UnitySharedSpatialAnchors

- SP:AP:AnchorPersistenceRuntimeIpcClient: Failed RPC for saveAnchor, rpcAllowed: false, CallServerRPCResult: 9

- SP:AF:AnchorFrameworkSlamAnchor: saveAnchor failed!

Do you have any idea how to resolve this issue (I can't seem to find anything on internet) ? Could it come from a missing Android permission ?

2. hskovsgaard

hskovsgaard

Did you remember to add the following to your manifest as defined in the documentation
    https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/unity/unity-ssa-sf/
    • <uses-permission android:name=”com.oculus.permission.USE_ANCHOR_API” />
    • <uses-permission android:name=”com.oculus.permission.IMPORT_EXPORT_IOT_MAP_DATA” android:required=”false” />
    • <uses-feature android:name=”com.oculus.feature.PASSTHROUGH” android:required=”true” />

3. hskovsgaard

hskovsgaard

ah, it seems like you need to enable point cloud sharing:
    Navigate to:
    Settings > Privacy > "Share point cloud" and enable that. It's a user preference gate.

4. mathieu_unity675

mathieu_unity675

I'd love to know why this happens as well.
    The "share point cloud" option is enabled and my manifest seems to have everything it requires, but I'm getting that same "Failed to save anchor(s). Possible reasons include an unsupported device"
    This happens on Meta Quest Pro, btw.

I'd love to know what other "possible reasons" there are.

5. Deltigre

Deltigre

Unity Technologies

6. Yearwood

Yearwood

I've got this same error on my Quest Pro, but my Quest 2 is saving anchors okay. Both have point cloud sharing active and correct manifests. Any ideas?