Search Unity

Question Sharing Analytics with B2B customer

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Argosama, May 23, 2022.

1. Argosama

Argosama

Hi there, I have some questions on the use of Unity Analytics for a B2B project.
    I'd want to add Unity Analytics to an existing (released) project, and enable our customer to access dashboard.
    I have a Pro account, part of my company's organization.

1- From what I understand, this can only be achieved by adding the customer's unity account as "user" or "guest" to our Organization and Project, is that right?

2- I read that there were some issues on adding "guest" account, only "user" works. But I'm afraid it could be an issue allowing our customer to see all projects in our organization. So I'm asking, has this been fixed? If not, what could be done about it?

3- Does customer need to buy a Plus/Pro license or could they use a Personal account?

4- The payment for the Analytics service (when out of beta) would be charged to my company, is there a way to address it directly to our customer instead?

Thanks in advance!

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

1) Correct, requires User role 2) Still the case, we are working on additional roles 3) If they are working on the project, I believe they would need to use the same license that you are using 4) You would need to set up the customer as your billing contact for your organization

3. Argosama

Argosama

Thank you for the quick reply!
    The customer does not need to work on the project, they just want access to reports and analytics.
    In fact, I'm evaluating which analytics tools could be best to use, and Unity Analytics would be just perfect if it weren't for these little issues. I'll have to check if it could be fine to give customer user role and if they can be set as billing contact -- I'm afraid not, though :/

Would it be possible to ask customer to create a new organization and all, and then transfer the project to their organization? Could this solve all of the issues above? (Still, I'd need to consider all the possible shortcomings in doing this, and my company could be against this option too)

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Yes, having the customer create an organization and transferring the project could be a good solution.