Search Unity

sharedassets0.assets is corrupt(!)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by tinman, Dec 13, 2012.

1. tinman

tinman

Hi Everyone,
    I'm running into an issue here. In the Editor, when I run my scene, all is well. But when I build it (for mac and PC) I get this error in the output_log:
    -------------------
    The file 'C:/Users/Daniel/Documents/testUlink/ClientScene1_Data/sharedassets0.assets' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!
    [Position out of bounds! 18467392 > 18467388]
    -----------------------
    I can still run the scene but the behaviour of my player doesn't work properly.

Now I tried launching Unity again, even restarting my computer, and the problem is still there. When I compile for a WebPlayer everything seems to be fine again.
    What can I do to solve this?
    Thank you!

UPDATE/EDIT: I went through my backups and I see this error started right after I updated to Unity 4(!). Before that - was ok, after - corrupt.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  2. The-Stick

The-Stick

Bumping because I'm coming across this issue myself just now.

3. tinman

tinman

Hey Stick,
    Do you have any scripts which have the same name but one is JS and the other C#?
    That was the cause with me. Hope that helps

4. DiegoFradejas

DiegoFradejas

Yes, I had the same problem and that worked!

Thanks!

5. SpicyCurryBread

SpicyCurryBread

This recently happened to me too and that fix worked for me as well. I had recently imported another package that had its own set of scripts for character controllers written in JS and I was using the standard assets that had it written in C#. Deleting the scripts in the new imported package fixed this right up for me.

6. dylanfries

dylanfries

This is usually because of naming conflicts, so if you have a script called Blah.js and a script called Blah.cs in the same project directory it'll do this when you build. Look for imported script packs or old scripts hanging around. Good luck!

7. raimon.massanet

raimon.massanet

Deleting / renaming scripts with duplicated names also worked for me. In my case the corruption was in resources.assets, but the fix removed it.

8. Sevdanski

Sevdanski

I recently had the similar error, but it was only when I compiled it out to Windows Phone - the game would build to the devicee, but die as soon as the scene loaded.

After a lot of experimenting I finally discovered that it was caused by an abstract base class I was using for some similar objects not having a [Serializable] attribute set on it - the child scripts did have it set though.

Once I set the attribute, everything started working fine. Hope this helps someone else.

9. mechanicals59

mechanicals59

I too am getting a similar error while i am running it on windows device. This causes the app to crash. A little more description of how you resolved the issue would be really helpful.
    Error which I am getting is :

"The file 'C:/Data/Programs/{E02994E2-7880-479B-8419-1A2EB06DCCA3}/Install/Data/sharedassets3.assets' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!
    [Position out of bounds! 2663625 > 2663624]"

Thanks in advance !!!

10. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

You need to give more information. This is probably related to serialization system malfunctioning. What Unity version are you on? Are you using C#, UnityScript, or both? Is there anything else in the player log?

11. mechanicals59

mechanicals59

I checked this same bug on Unity Version 4.5.3f3 and also 4.5.4f1. We are using only C# scripts.
    The code gets compiled for Windows 8 device. But while running, at certain points it just crashes.
    This is when I am getting this error. Things I have tried..
    1. Checked for files with duplicate names.
    2. Checked the game on different Unity Versions.

This is the only error which I get but sometimes instead of a specific file name i get this error.
    "The file 'none' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!
    [Position out of bounds! 56 > 48] "

We are really stuck with this issue. Let me know if you need any other details..
    Thanks !!!

12. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Hi,

we got this exact issue bug reported just a few days ago. If you can, please do a bug report as well - it might be a different issue, and even if it's the same, it will make it easier for us to fix due to having another repro.

One thing you could do is check the stack trace when this happens. It might give you some clues what might be causing it.

13. mechanicals59

mechanicals59

There is no stack trace for this. This is the only error which gets generated and the game just crashes on Windows Phone while playing. Will surely do a bug report for this.
    Any other suggestions which I can try. Would help a lot.

Thanks !!!

14. rjmyth

rjmyth

Hey. I have been getting a similar or possibly the same issue with a different package, I have a bug report filed with case number 761936. I am using Unity 5.3.1p3 latest patch version.

My issue is with SharedAssets0.assets being corrupted and giving the same error message about removing and trying again. I have also included a log file in this post.

I'd like to add, a Standalone windows build .exe works competely fine, so it may be something to do with packaging or compiling to the Window Store platform specifically.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help you repro and fix this issue.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  15. Jorhoto

Jorhoto

Same issue here on Unity 2019.2.13f1 version :(
    It works on Win standalone, but not on Android. Im working with Firebase + Google sign in.

16. ianxyz100

ianxyz100

I also had this issue. For me it was a corrupted Prefab. I recommend using version control software like Github, backing up your project, and then you can delete large swaths of your project (for example, I did one where I deleted scripts, that didn't work, but then restored to the older version, deleted all prefabs, and the crash stopped.) From there I just had to rebuild prefabs.... apparently meshes can also be corrupt. Hope this helps!