Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Shared Body and Aim properties for the Freelook Rig

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Moaty5, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Moaty5

Moaty5

The Freelook rig is great. and i specially like the 3 parts rig it has. i would like to keep that and use a single Body and Aim options dialog for all 3 rigs, maybe a checkbox that says "Shared".
    i think it would be perfect for a 3rd person camera, because i would have a freelook camera out of the box that handles following and orbital rotation, with a single options dialog for all 3 rigs, so i wont have to copy the same options over all of the rigs. and i still can customize each rig again if i uncheck the "Shared" option.

a fancy way to do that would be giving the option to the user to specify which rig shares which rig options. for example: i may link the bottom rig with the middle rig, and have custom parameters for the upper rig...etc. i think this would improve a lot of workflows.

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

In fact Cinemachine is shipped with an experimental version of FreeLook that is exactly as you describe. In your player settings, define the symbol CINEMACHINE_EXPERIMENTAL_VCAM and then you will be able to add the CinemachineNewFreeLook behaviour to a game object.

upload_2020-7-29_7-46-57.png

Moaty5 likes this.
unityunity