Search Unity

Shared Asset Store ackages?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Nirvan, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Nirvan

Nirvan

Hey, I currently working on few packages to store and I made one called "Basic Assets" which could be used in some part in all other packages I will create.

This pack with "Basic Assets" I want give for free, then I making for example package called "Audio Management" which will not be for free and this package will be for simple games.
    This package with "Audio Management" will use in shared way assets from "Basic Assets" and be fully included.

And the final thing, I want to create package "Advanced audio management and effects" and use here full packages as "audio management" and "Basic Assets"
    "Advanced audio management and effects" I want price higher than "Audio Management".

It's a bit complicated, but don't know how to paint it with better words :O
    Can someone give me advice if I can do such thing?

2. TonyLi

TonyLi

Yes, you can do that. If "Basic Assets" has value by itself, you can submit it as a free asset.

You can also include it in "Audio Management".

When you submit "Advanced Audio Management and Effects", you can submit it at a higher price and also offer an upgrade price from people who have already bought "Audio Management".

Nirvan likes this.
  3. Nirvan

Nirvan

Thanks! That's what I needed to know.
    But I have new questions (I just getting prepared to selling in asset store)

1. When I have free package, can I add price to it after some time?
    How long I have to wait until price is changed and how often can I change it?

2. I want build my "mark" based on my name Initial, for example "L", so I want name my packages like "LAudio Manager", "LAnimator Controller" etc. It would not have impact on search results etc.?

4. TonyLi

TonyLi

I think you can change prices, for example run a personal sale, every two months. There are some exceptions, though, particularly if your asset is selected for an official sale. When the Asset Store accepts your first asset, you'll receive an email with a link to join the publishers forum section. Review the older posts in that section for the latest rules.

It probably will impact results. You can specify tags and keywords to improve searchability, but the asset's name is important, too. Also, avoid single L's. A good example is Inter-Illusion's i2 Localization. Many people think it's L2 Localization because it's hard to tell an uppercase i (I) from a lowercase L (l).

Nirvan likes this.
  5. Nirvan

Nirvan

Thanks again, today I finally started registration process and stopped on this point:

"1.1.d Submissions that include any content from another Asset Store package is a violation of the Asset Store Provider Agreement and will be rejected."

It makes me to think about this shared packages again.

6. TonyLi

TonyLi

They mean someone else's Asset Store package. For example, you can't include Playmaker in your package.

7. Nirvan

Nirvan

All that worked fine, thanks for helping.
    But I have one final question and I can't find answear online, is there some guide to make bundles of my assets to sell as one product? I mean I have few packages for procedural animating characters, and I want put 4 of them in one product and make it cost a little less than buying each one separately.

8. TonyLi

TonyLi

There is no guide, but it's allowed. In the asset's description, just be clear about what they're getting. You may also want to include links from the individual-package descriptions to the bundle's description. When you set up a package for submission, the publisher panel provides a URL at the bottom. You can include this in your description with < a href > HTML tags.

Also, once you put a package in the bundle, don't remove it in a later update. This will really upset customers, making them feel like you scammed them with a bait-and-switch.

Nirvan likes this.