Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Shareable Link

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by Anxo, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Anxo

Anxo

Hi Unity Community.

Is it not possible to send someone a shareable link for install and have them install it without having them having to sign into Unity's website? I would like some people to test my app who are not developers and I would not want to make them sign up for anything.

Just send them the link, install the game, and get feedback. Currently, if I sign out and send myself the link, it first needs to detect the devices UDID (which it appears to need to do every time you install) and then it prompts me to sign in before I get the install button.

Thanks for your feedback.

Kevin.

2. hypeNate

hypeNate

Unity Technologies

3. Anxo

Anxo

Hi Nate, I have been mixing between the 2. I started with "nonBeta" but then switched to beta because I was getting a build error about advertisement namespace which I thought was related to beta vs non beta. Turned out that I needed to set cloud up to always build with "latest 5.x>" instead of its default, "latest 4.x>". I have tried some builds via beta and some via non beta but only used non beta because the website is easier to find!

If I have some time on my lunch break, I will do it again and send over some screenshots.

4. hypeNate

hypeNate

Unity Technologies

OK, thanks for the reply! I think we've repo-ed the problem on the new beta site, but keep us posted if you have more details to share.

(You're correct that the ultimate goal is for people to be able to install the profile after visiting a SHARE link without requiring a UDN account / login flow. )