Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Share your Unity Hub 3.0 Beta Feedback Here

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Gennady, Jun 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mistaluai

mistaluai

I need help! it has been the 7th time in a row for me to try installing unity editor, and still giving me the same error after it reaches 99%
    Screenshot 2021-09-03 at 1.38.47 PM.png am using m1 MacBook Air the base model, macOS big sur 11.5.2, unity hub v3

2. JustAnotherDude

JustAnotherDude

To add to that, why "Current platform" even exists? Why not simply select whatever is the current platform so that we know what's gonna happen before actually having to open the project?

FernandoMK and futurlab_xbox like this.
  3. goat

goat

It would be nice for the Unity Hub 3.X Beta to have the choice of the old GUI color scheme or use the current Windows / OS Whatever color scheme.

The current one looks no good.

4. FariAnderson

FariAnderson

update with the last version beta.4 and my Personal license is gone and can't even add one

Edit : i switched to the previous version and my license is back now.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    MonkeyJap likes this.
  5. Alex-Chouls

Alex-Chouls

Great job on the new Unity Hub!

Would love to see better support for unattended installation. E.g., to queue installations and leave them to finish. Coming back later it's often stalled on a page like this:

upload_2021-9-5_10-1-42.jpeg

Clicking the re-download failed downloads button kicks it off again. Would be great to have an option (I think on by default) to automatically retry failed downloads.

When working with a limited internet connection it can take all night to download/install, and it's annoying to find it stalled waiting on a simple manual button press!

Unity_Brandon likes this.
  6. nukadelic

nukadelic

looks slick , but i had to switch to production channel as the license didn't work.

7. MikHaven

MikHaven

Latest version of Unity Hub Beta. Been noticing locked directories. [Windows Folders]

I often rename my main folder for Unity to keep track of versioning information. BUT can't rename the folder. I've found some reasons, Visual Studio is open, and Unity is open. HOWEVER Once those are all closed. I should beable to rename it.

After finally being frustrated, I was like you KNOW lets try the dumb approach, exit out of the Hub, and it works.

Hub - should NOT lock folders, unless it is actively working on them, THIS was not the case. Once I exited Hub, was able to rename the folder without a complaint, of 'folder being accessed by another program.'

[YES I have to remove the folder from Hub, and add it back, but its the flow since early days, and is a known issue that can't be fixed I believe. Since that's how folders are tracked. Tihs is not to say I should not be able to rename my own files and folders.]

NotaNaN and mgear like this.
  8. ReZpawner

ReZpawner

A shame my first feedback had to be this, but this is absolute S***. UnityHub blatantly refuses to activate licences, making it impossible to open any projects. Not the first poor experience I've had with unity hub. If anything, it's made the whole unity experience much, much worse.

9. AlexanderNovotny

AlexanderNovotny

One other person in this thread has pointed this out, so I'd like to reiterate it: headless mode straight up doesn't work. Instead, it just hangs and causes any programs waiting on output from it to hang as well.

10. NicolasCalvi-EQUANS-SXD

NicolasCalvi-EQUANS-SXD

Same here, I have Visual Studio Pro and I don't want to install the community version. So I return on the 2.4.5 version.

11. JesOb

JesOb

Please at leaset create ability to put experimental hub.name file into project folder with string content that hub will use as project name it must be very simple.

And then when you will create good release way to set project name just delete the hub.name

12. ModLunar

ModLunar

It'd be really helpful if my same project didn't keep appearing twice, with forward and back slashes.
    Hopefully this should be an easy fix :)

upload_2021-9-8_15-19-49.png

NotaNaN and damvcoool like this.
  13. MaxRoetzler

MaxRoetzler

Installed a specific Unity version and added it to the Unity HUB via 'Locate' option. Now there is no option to install any additional platform support, or the Android build tools.

In the meantime, the Unity editor tells me to install the 'recommended JDK/SDK/NDK' using Unity Hub. No information on which versions are compatible and the Unity HUB option doesn't work. -.-

JesOb likes this.
  14. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Why am I forced to install Visual Studio for Mac? Why isn't it optional?

upload_2021-9-9_18-21-25.png

NotaNaN, ModLunar and Sailendu like this.
  15. MostHated

MostHated

So far it has been working pretty well for me on Linux, no major complaints. One suggestion, though. For new updates to Editor versions, it would be nice if there was a link somewhere to the side or in a context menu to take you right to the patch notes so I can take a look while it downloads and installs.

NotaNaN and ModLunar like this.
  16. rhys_vdw

rhys_vdw

This is the one feature I expected in the new version. This is the core purpose of having our team use Unity Hub, to ensure that everyone is on the same version of Unity. The dream is that we don't need to manually jump in intervene when non-technical team members get new versions of the project (especially when working at different times).

At minimum it could check when you actually try to open the project, but intermittently scanning or watching the `UnityVersion.txt` file for changes would be ideal.

Unity_Brandon likes this.
  17. Sbirro

Sbirro

cuando inicio un nuevo proyecto en unity hub 3.0 debo de estar conectado a internet, de lo contrario no me carga la lista de plantillas

18. haendelee

haendelee

I am using the Unity Hub 3.0 beta well with thanks.
    There is one suggestion.

It would be great to show the number of projects using that version for each Editor version on the Installs page.
    This will be of great help when deleting the various versions of editors I installed for the test.

bdovaz, TieSKey and JesOb like this.
  19. KHM0

KHM0

The new Update is awesome, but I have a problem until now I don't know why it keeps doing that. when I create a new project and I closed the previous project that I am working on m I can't enter the new project unless I restart my PC It is a very noisy bug and annoying bug so please fix it.

thank you for your work...

20. soleron

soleron

upload_2021-9-12_7-3-23.png

Be nice and generous to the user.
    Put a link to the logs. It's not much to ask.

JesOb likes this.
  21. DevCas1

DevCas1

I love what you guys have done with the interface! It looks so clean!

In all seriousness though, could somebody please help? Unity Hub won't start properly anymore for some reason after it worked perfectly before. There's also no icon in the System Tray, which should be there. Love the new UI (and dark theme), but it suddenly stopped working?

Attached Files:

22. It's probably a bug, workaround: after start, try to resize the window slightly and the content will show up. It's probably some weird Electron-quirk.

23. Antarsoft

Antarsoft

Hi,

I'd like to report a possible bug, though I managed to get over it.
    I'm using MacOS Big Sur
    I'm using version 3 beta 4 and when I try to install a new LTS version it just doesn't initiate any download.
    I click on the install editor panel, choose a version, choose the libraries needed click install then nothing happens.

I had to force quit the Unity Hub and after that I tried the same process and now it starts the download.
    Keeping in mind when I did that a newer version of LTS appeared, so maybe unity hub didn't force update the list or something.

Hopefully this is useful.

24. FIFTYTWO

FIFTYTWO

We use Unity Hub CLI as a build pipeline to resolve Editor path using info from ProjectVersion.txt
    It seems Unity Hub 3 beta broke previous CLI support which is sad. Try to execute the following in macOS:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. /Applications/Unity\ Hub.app/Contents/MacOS/Unity\ Hub -- --headless editors -i
    The command freezes infinitely.

Chip: Apple M1
    Unity Hub: 3.0.0-beta.4

25. lukamoon

lukamoon

Been loving using the beta channel, but having an option to automatically close the Hub window/application while the Editor is open would be nice =) It takes up a bit of dock space

26. RayPrince

RayPrince

Unity Hub Beta Bug.png Project templates are not visible while offline including basic 3D and 2D. Also, I had trouble with the License activation, it didn't respond to my actions to accept the terms when I attempted to activate the Personal License, uninstalling and re-installing seemed to have fixed the licensing issue.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
  27. GotoFinal

GotoFinal

Add option to make the X close the hub. I don't want it in my tray.

MousePods likes this.
  28. awlok

awlok

The unity hub 3.0 beta using 99% of RAM usage even the application is closed. It just happened once, I had to close it in task manager.

29. nubbyninja

nubbyninja

So, very often I have priority projects above others, and now that my project list is starting to grow, I'm realizing how easy it is to confuse two projects with similar names, which is a painful and costly event. Launching the wrong project by mistake can cause quite a draw on a PC's resources.

Having a "pinned" or "favorited" (or both) project feature would be nice.
    It would be great to give us the ability to prioritize projects in the list in the Hub, and perhaps have a nifty highlight as well.

30. MaxRoetzler

MaxRoetzler

Or a project icon would be great! Generally I tend to call all projects /Project/ or /Unity/ as there are also other (source, document) files under the main project folder. This leaves only the tiny folder text to distinguish between projects ...

NotaNaN and Sailendu like this.
  31. rhys_vdw

rhys_vdw

This is such an annoying bug. This conversation and second-guessing every time with each team member. Please fix it.

upload_2021-9-22_13-51-15.png

32. Sailendu

Sailendu

This is a briliant idea, I vote +1 for this feature. Unity team, please add this feature, let us add an icon for a project, or use an image inside the project (that we can assign as an icon) to show in the HUB.

NotaNaN and MaxRoetzler like this.
  33. damvcoool

damvcoool

I got the same issue
    upload_2021-9-22_11-40-59.png

ModLunar and nubbyninja like this.
  34. nubbyninja

nubbyninja

Yup just encountered this, and after dealing with the snafu of learning how to properly clone and manage local git vs the cloud project management for Unity seeing cloned projects can be quite unnerving. Especially when they don't actually exist.

35. haim96

haim96

Hi,
    not sure if it's a bug but you need to check this out.
    I just install unity 2021.1.22f1 from hub 3 beta 4.
    when selecting android support i got error "fail to delete old android support folder" 3 hours later i discovered that the install process first install openJDK, NDK and SDK, then when trying to install unity's android support tools the folder "AndroidPlayer" already exist and he trying to delete it! (all options "ignore", "abort" .. will ends with none working android support. the only option to successfully install the tool is:

1. first install the editor with unity's android support WITHOUT openJDK, NDK and SDK.
    2. go back to hub and add the reset of the android support components (openJDK, NDK and SDK).

with this method everything is in place and i was able to build for android again...

36. Justdan_Admin

Justdan_Admin

Need a feature to show the projects' full path.

As production version, I can hover the cursor to the project list to show to unity full path.

I hope the new version of unity would also provide this.

unity_hub_01.png

unity_hub_02.png

unity_hub_03.png

JesOb and Sailendu like this.
  37. Ibrahim_Oezhan

Ibrahim_Oezhan

Maybe add a feature to make collections/groups of projects to sort them better

38. maxnbo

maxnbo

Is possible to use new hub without graphics session started?

39. BananaClipStudio

BananaClipStudio

Well the new update for the Hub BETA says that the licensing was fixed. I can say that it is still refusing to install a license so that I can work on my projects. We are using macOS on some of our machines and all of them are having the same issue. Hub works fine on our windows stations though with licenses.

40. yyylny

yyylny

Please make Unity Hub ask for confirmation before uninstalling an editor. I had multiple version installed and I accidentally deleted version 2021.21 instead of 2021.22... It took a long time to re-download and install the right version.

41. davidsamacoits

davidsamacoits

Unity Technologies

Hi!

Thanks for your support and valuable feedback. A new beta went out today. See the full release notes here.

If you already subscribed to the beta channel you should see the update prompting (you might want to restart to for the auto updater to pick it up).

Looking forward to reading more feedback.

UnityJuju likes this.
  42. JesOb

JesOb

Looks good at first glance

What about same project names all over the place?
    May be just add option in hub to see <Dir>/Name in name column instead of only name. For many of us it will help greatly

Better just Number ShowDirectoryCountInNameColumn to set not only 1 dir to show but as many as we want per project.

So we can set:
    - 1 to see <Dir>/Name for some projects
    - 2 to see <Dir>/<Dir>/Name for another projects

and so on
    This must be very easy and will help us organize our project while Unity develop some more elaborated solution
    upload_2021-9-29_21-45-59.png

43. pdafedar

pdafedar

While adding newer project from disk, at present UnityHub is missing "platform & editor version selection" intermediate popup. This makes us to wait(depending on project size) for importing in standalone platform and then switch platform within Unity or force quit Unity while opening at first time and then select platform and editor version from Hub.

This can be simplified by adding existing platform and unity version selection popup before opening a new Unity project from disk.

Attached Files:

44. ryanslikesocool

ryanslikesocool

I like the new icons. It definitely looks more like a cube than the old one. Though it still doesn't match the rest of macOS.

Attached Files:

45. samf1111

samf1111

the new logo scares me :(

46. Lusiiky

Lusiiky

Hi!

Just like version 2.0 of the Unity Hub, it would be nice to be able to write in Location, when creating a new project. In order to copy/paste a Location more easily or simply create folders more quickly.

Thank you :)

upload_2021-9-30_16-13-49.png

47. FYI: I know this is one more click, but you can write in or paste your location in the address bar in the pop-up dialog you get when you click the location button. (workaround until Unity allow us to give a location in this area directly)

48. Lusiiky

Lusiiky

Yes I know, I can do that, thank you ^^
    I just wanted to rewrite this feedback so that it would be added.

49. adamgolden

adamgolden

I was just about to post the same thing (re the new icon), nice! In Windows 10 the desktop background changes at random for me but right now with a light one:
    unity_hub_icon.jpg

NotaNaN likes this.
  50. OfficalUntitledGames

OfficalUntitledGames

In windows 8.1 the icon of the hub don't change.Even after restarting.
    Its still the old one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.