Search Unity

Feedback Share your Unity Hub 3.0 Beta Feedback Here

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Gennady, Jun 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corodius

Corodius

An offline mode would be nice. Being unable to even open a single project, or even use the hub, after I had validated my license online just because I lost internet connection for a couple of days, would have been a major hold up and caused me to miss a few days if I didn't happen to have an old 2.4.2 appimage.

I honestly did not expect this, considering it always worked fine in 2.4 and earlier.

(Linux - Ubuntu 20.04 platform)

2. Tony_Max

Tony_Max

Once I have switched back to release channel i cant switch back to beta

3. Briter

Briter

upload_2021-7-19_10-16-41.png
    Anyway to fix this? I try restart my PC and client already but it's still not changing to dark mode.
    P.S. I had uninstall Unity 2.X and 3.X (Something but surely BETA) previously, and now idk how to get back to BETA channel again. Switching channel also doesn't help.

khalid_BLI likes this.
  4. NobleSteedGames

NobleSteedGames

using 3.0.0-beta.1 - it feels like a significant regression that we can no longer install specific unity versions as needed for a project (old workflow would be clone a project, add to the hub, if I didn't have that version of unity installed I could easily do so from the hub)

Ruchir likes this.
  5. paruthi-exe

paruthi-exe

Unable to take android build... showing OpenJDK option as installed already..
    1 but it is not installed
    2 Unable to uncheck or install

Now a days unity throws in products, with quality level less than college final year project.. this is very much pre-alpha they have all new features, but a lot of having issues.. it is understandable if there is a deep bugs.. more of simple bugs like checkbox errors etc.. how come this cleared testing phase ? very much disappointed

upload_2021-7-19_14-43-49.png

NumberValley likes this.
  6. paruthi-exe

paruthi-exe

Yep..suggesting the same.. Don't use the 3.0 Beta hub

nehvaleem and punk like this.
  7. SuperSpasm

SuperSpasm

Licenses have issues. I need to refresh license sometimes or editor fails (mostly collab)
    Latest issue was collab showing "No internet connection" and removing project ID until I refreshed license (free, not expired) in Hub.

8. Sundiray

Sundiray

I got the Hub to turn into a black screen and had to restart after clicking "choose a different version". Steps:
    "Open" -> choose an old project made in an editor version not currently installed -> clicked "choose different version"

Not sure if relevant but the project was on a different drive.

SirRudey likes this.
  9. Carwashh

Carwashh

Using the icon in the systray -> right mouse click -> select any project -> nothing happens.

Re0cto and RunninglVlan like this.
  10. davidsamacoits

davidsamacoits

Unity Technologies

Thank you all for your valuable feedback. We temporarily disabled access to v3.0-Beta due to server-side performance issues, so you might be unable to install it. You can continue use the beta if you have it already.

Please note if you revert back to v2.4.4, you won't be able to re-install v3 again until we re-enable the beta later this week with a new patch.

Thanks for your understanding.

konsnos and FabioMen10 like this.
  11. SirRudey

SirRudey

Got the same issue

12. SerAlbi_Touchwindow

SerAlbi_Touchwindow

Same issue here...

13. Anotheryeti

Anotheryeti

Big issue:
    Headless installs of Unity versions don't work at all with new hub. Just hangs.

14. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

I do stress that my biggest PAIN on the Hub 2.x remembering the previous project folder is coming from "Add Project" functionality overriding the default project location. I typically use this to try some git repo's samples from Unity etc (which I don't store among my normal folders). Unity often puts the actual projects in git repo's subfolders which causes then my next new project made with Hub to often go inside these unrelated git repos (as it's easy to miss the default project folder changed).

So.. is anything else is not going to happen with the old functionality, at least override the default projects folder only if the folder changes when user creates new project and never when user adds some project from random location (there's zero reasons for it to do this, I don't get why it is like that at all in 2.x)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    hessel_mm likes this.
  15. Lusiiky

Lusiiky

Hello everyone! :)

I used to have Unity Hub 3.0, but due to an problem on my part, I had to reinstall the Unity Hub, and I went back to version 2.4.4, which is normal.
    The problem now is that even having set the Production to Beta, even after restarting the Hub, even after waiting a day, restarting my PC, etc.
    I don't get any notifications to install the 3.0 beta.

Someone have a solution?

Thank you,
    Lupsoris

16. Baste

Baste

They pulled 3.0 for now due to problems, so it won't be available until the next patch. It's like 4 posts up.

17. Lusiiky

Lusiiky

With someone who has downloaded it, it's not possible to share the .exe in the temporary files? :oops:
    I would love to go back to Hub 3.0 and with the bit I did on it, I had no problems... and don't really want to wait a month for a patch. :(

18. davidsamacoits

davidsamacoits

Unity Technologies

Actually, we just released a new beta for v3.0.0 and you should now be able to upgrade as we reactivated beta for everyone ;)

More information on the fixes here.

Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 1.31.01 PM.png

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  19. Lusiiky

Lusiiky

Still no updates..? What can I do..? (Sorry if I'm annoying with that :oops:)

upload_2021-7-22_19-28-30.png

20. davidsamacoits

davidsamacoits

Unity Technologies

Restarting your Hub might help to force the update, otherwise it's just a matter of being patient as it can take a little bit to show up (we literally just released it)

21. Lusiiky

Lusiiky

Okay, thanks. I hope it will be quick ^^
    Could going from Production to Beta again help? Or will it slow down the process?

22. 8r3nd4n

8r3nd4n

This has infuriated me for the last few weeks until I just now found that HUB was the culprit. Have reverted and 2.4 and not as many loading panels (though still way too many of late IMO)

brunocoimbra and Schneider_RDS like this.
  23. Corodius

Corodius

I did not see this in the fixes, so wanted to make sure - Is it now possible in 3.0.0 to use the Hub offline after license activation? As is available in 2.x.x

24. monkeyhead259

monkeyhead259

When I got the popup yesterday to upgrade to 3.0 I instantly said yes to it, but so far nothing has happened. No download, no extra popup for it to install the beta while I have the beta chanel selected. I even completely restarted my hub I even reinstalled it, but nothing. If anyone could help me out here that be awsome.

Attached Files:

25. Jean-Fabre

Jean-Fabre

Hi,

I can't find a way to have a white version of the hub, I hope this is planned, I can not look at a mainly black screen, my eyes hurts because of the contrasts.

2021, and still no icons for each projects, Unity Cloud just got them few days ago... maybe you could pull out from the project the icon behing used and show it in the list.

same if the project is using a code repository

basically, I see no improvement in productivness, which is worrying. Only cosmetics... what about:

-- ability to organize projects by arbitrary groups
    -- rep pointer, branch, etc.
    -- which rendering type, standar, urp, hdrp, etc
    -- ability to see organization owners of projects
    -- ability to star projects
    -- ability to get unity cloud feedback at a glance in the list ( build status, etc etc)

Can we at least have that if you click on a project already open, it focuses on that editor.

I mean... give us an "Admin" grade update for the hub please. Improve the hub so that it's more productive and adds values and information about our projects and installs, not just because you want to switch to black basically.

Bye,

Jean

JesOb likes this.
  26. bkevelham

bkevelham

Apparently the v3 beta won't download because it isn't signed. The hub json logs reveal as much:

'Failed to download update (promise catch):',\n  { Error: New version 3.0.0-beta.2 is not signed by the application owner:

27. Lusiiky

Lusiiky

So I don't have to worry if I'm still in Unity 2.4.4 and I'm not getting any updates?

EDIT: I confirm that I have the same error. Any solution?
    {"moduleName":"AutoUpdater:EventHandler","level":"warn","message":"[ 'Failed to download update (promise catch):',\n  { Error: New version 3.0.0-beta.2 is not signed by the application owner

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  28. SegoItCh

SegoItCh

Why my unity uninstalled when I updated to 3.0.0 b2?

29. FairYan

FairYan

30. BradZoob

BradZoob

CLI is a good idea, should probably have been the _first_ idea, but what it does is severely limited, we might roll 40 Unity editors over 5 years but we'll run 1000-2000 projects in that time. We need all manner of access to management, both scripted and interface; store assets (fetch/storage/version) , packages (install/version/deps), template management with versions / packages, project asset tracking. And CLI should also be available over ports for parallel systems running management s/ware, team network management etc. So expose all that via an API and write middleware for the CLI to use that API, then just expose the API in/out to users via an auto doc system, let users figure out the rest. We will celebrate every new API endpoint :)

firstuser likes this.
  31. Josh65

Josh65

Add a "check for updates" button. Since right now changing channels I have to wait for the next release of a version for it to show up.

firstuser likes this.
  32. nGAGE

nGAGE

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but it's very annoying that on every launch of Unity Hub, the "Location" resets to C:\Users\[username]. Would be nice if it could remember last used folder/path, or get a setting to set a default location.

Lusiiky likes this.
  33. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

Unity expiration date,
    androids will stop dreaming for free

BLADE RUNNER 2112 ;)

34. Lusiiky

Lusiiky

I cannot open a project from the Unity Hub context menu in the taskbar. I don't know if it's just me, but I'm reporting this.
    Here's the associated error in the logs:
    {"level":"error","message":"Unhandled promise rejection, reason: this.validateOpenProject is not a function\n\tstack TypeError: this.validateOpenProject is not a function\n    at LocalProject.<anonymous> (D:\\Program Files\\Unity Hub\\resources\\app.asar\\build\\main\\services\\localProject\\localProject.js:242:28)\n    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)\n    at fulfilled (D:\\Program Files\\Unity Hub\\resources\\app.asar\\build\\main\\services\\localProject\\localProject.js:5:58)","timestamp":"2021-07-24T15:49:44.961Z"}

upload_2021-7-24_17-51-3.png

unity_ARVIlab likes this.
  35. monstermiker

monstermiker

I also need light theme. No like the dark themes.

36. MathiasFrost

MathiasFrost

Woo dark mode ^^

37. aka_anoop

aka_anoop

Remove from Hub doesn't seem to work for Unity Editor versions installed outside of Hub and added to Hub later.

38. Maggiethegsd

Maggiethegsd

Hub 3.0 looks great and much better than the previous versions! The Dark Theme adds to it :)

I really like the clean and organized layout, and the additional stuff such as quick details of stuff such as Editors installed (directory, version, platforms, etc). The rounded corners of the buttons make it 10 times better than the previous versions. If I had to rate it out of 5, I'd give it a 5! But, I would like to suggest something - Customization. Like customizing the button colors, maybe change the font, changing the themes and gradients, etc. That would be really cool.

39. Spark88

Spark88

Looks amazing! where can i download it??

40. RyanGarber

RyanGarber

I switched over to Linux (Ubuntu 20.10) and the Hub is launching, though I cannot sign in to my Unity account. The OAuth page is just a blank screen - not sure if it has anything to do with the site going down, though, as I just got a 502 on the download page.

41. DryreL

DryreL

I found a bug and really annoying. I added my one of the old Unity version game. The old version of Unity is not downloaded. When I click the "choose a new version", it become completely black screen. I had to restart the problem because all the UI is gone. But same thing happens, need a hotfix.

42. Rowlan

Rowlan

The Hub 3.0.0-beta.2 is super annoying and totally broken.

For one: Please have the user have LESS CLICKS instead of more. And the location resets all the time for every project I try to create. And I mean TRY because I can't create any project at all:

upload_2021-7-26_8-30-27.png

It's unusable.

43. BeeGeeDee

BeeGeeDee

Can't you change from dark theme to light theme?

NumberValley likes this.
  44. mahdi_jeddi

mahdi_jeddi

It seems you can't create a project on root directory: Screenshot_1.png

45. RogueSun

RogueSun

Would it be possible to allow multiple installs of the same version of unity to be shown in unity hub? When working on a cross platform game you tend to need a few installs of the same version of unity e.g. one for playstation, one for xbox and one for nintendo etc. It would be great if I didnt have to remove the playstation verson on 2019.4.11f1 and add the xbox version every time I want to switch platform :-/ This small "feature" would make my life a million times better. and stop me accidently reimporting to a different platform

46. DrummerB

DrummerB

Gennady likes this.
  47. Deleted User

Deleted User

Where?

48. DrummerB

DrummerB

If you are on the old Hub, you probably just need to change the channel to Beta. If you are on V3 Beta 1, there should be an update button in the top right corner of Hub.

49. Deleted User

Deleted User

I switched to beta and restarted the Hub but it's still 2.4.5. I guess Linux users cannot get the beta?

50. Shujee

Shujee

Just managed to solve ages-old infamous "validation failed" error. In case it helps anyone, the problem is that the installer cannot create folder "Unity" and its sub-folders in "Program Files", even if you start Hub application as admin.

The solution is:

1. Wait till your download completes to 99% and it shows the "validation failed message. Do not close Hub application, just leave it as it is.
    2. Go to C:\Program Files and create Unity folder manually (it may require admin privileges). Then inside Unity folder, create Hub folder and inside the Hub folder, create Editor folder. So now you should have the full path C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor on your machine.
    3. Now go back to Hub application and click the small Refresh button that show on top of the validation error. It will check again and continue successfully. At least it did for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.