Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Share your feedback on the Hub 3.4 Beta

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Gennady, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Gennady

Gennady

Unity Technologies

Hi there! A new Unity Hub beta is now available (3.4.0-beta.1) and we’d love to get your feedback and ideas.

Dig into what’s new, try it out, and let us know what you think. The feedback you provide is invaluable as we work to make our products even better for you and the community.

If you encounter any issues, the best way to share them is through the Unity Hub Bug Reporter (see image below).

Thank you!

The Unity Hub Team

DragonCoder and Harry-Wells like this.
  2. Baste

Baste

Eyy

upload_2022-12-8_8-38-47.png

You did the thing! Still dissapointed that it took 5 years and something like three teams to do the right thing, but at least it's here now, so great!

mahdi_jeddi and Thaina like this.
  3. Thaina

Thaina

Is the New Project ui can select platform before create project as of yet?

4. It's more of a feature request, although I don't understand why it is not in Hub yet. I would like to ask you to move the Package cache and Asset Store cache locations settings into the Hub rather than having in the editor. These should be global settings, not editor-dependent. Every time you install a new version of an editor you end up with a bunch of garbage download if you moved the cache. I ended up replacing the cache locations with junctions pointing to the new location. But we shouldn't have to do this if these were true global, editor-independent settings.

Screenshot 2022-12-12 092435.png

5. Thaina

Thaina

Agreed, there are so many things that should centralized shared into hub already. Especially platform sdk

6. IndieFist

IndieFist

Well im searching on web and forums and i cant find the download beta of unityhub >.<
    -- edit, i have to do inside the app
    "If you want to try beta versions of the Hub or switch from beta to a stable version of the Hub, follow the instructions in Advanced Preferences."

Last edited: Dec 13, 2022
  7. Nexer8

Nexer8

Beta you say.. This is the Unity Hub version I get when downloading Unity from the website (unity.com/download). Version doesn't work, and also doesn't specify that it is a beta version. Shouldn't the download link link to Hub 3.3 until 3.4 is out of beta?

8. Spy-Master

Spy-Master

It's out of beta. It's on 3.4.1 now.

9. Nexer8

Nexer8

Perhaps, but still broken. Downloaded Unity on a new Surface 4 and nothing works. New projects in 2022.2 won't open. With some admin workarounds, they do, but they crash whenever you do anything. Same with any other Unity version I have tried to open from the 3.4.1 hub. Deleted everything, reinstalled, and still the same issues.

Edit:
    2021 LTS also doesn't work. Get hundreds of errors on startup. When I attempt to do anything, the project crashes. Even closing the project will crash it. Something is very wrong.

Crash log said "The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access". Weird that I get this error as I just used the default directory.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2022
  10. DragonCoder

DragonCoder

Surface Pro 4 isn't the freshest device anymore.. Are you sure the SSD is still fine? Never experienced weird issues with other software?

11. nrader95

nrader95

Well, here is the feedback: its not usable to me, at all.
    Because i cant log in into v3 of the hub. I did use v2 all this time because previously v3 didn't work for me either, but i hoped it will be fixed later or something. But my v2 hub suddenly decided to force-update without asking for my opinion, and here i am.

Okay, as for technical info:
    I'm on Linux (Ubuntu 20.04 LTS)

When i use firefox as default browser trying to log in hub, it doesnt even open the login page, stuck on trying to load the page without success.
    When i use other browsers, chrome included, it does open the log-in page, but after i type my login and password, nothing happens for a period of time, and then i get request time-out.

12. BOXOPHOBIC

BOXOPHOBIC

I find this new popup super annoying. I already installed a few versions that I don't need :D
    Maybe a redesign to show 2 buttons: Install 2020.3.42 (orange like the warning) and Choose 2020.3.43 (blue)

upload_2023-1-13_15-31-30.png

Nirlah likes this.
  13. Phenotype

Phenotype

Would like to have the ability to organize projects into folders. I create many proof-of-concepts and projects for assets I purchased so the screen fills up fast. An ability to archive projects would also be helpful, move them to an archive tab and perhaps compressing them so they are out of the way temporarily and take up less space. Being able to pin projects to the top is great!

14. Mr-Fierce

Mr-Fierce

8+ minutes to open 2019 lts editor.... all of this because of failed licencing server and different mac addresses. pls fix this

15. Phenotype

Phenotype

A nice added feature would be a local package repository for managing my own packages as well as the ones I've acquired. It makes more sense to manage packages from the hub than from the editor. The editor should only be concerned with managing packages for the project.

X2DGmDev and Thaina like this.
  16. Deleted User

Deleted User

I see that some people are having problems with the hub, installation problems, project creation problems, project opening problems, hub not starting, hub stalling, logging in not working, and so on.
    I'm almost ashamed to say that I have no problems whatsoever with the hub.
    Linux user. :)