Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We've updated our Terms of Service. Please read our blog post from Unity CTO and Co-Founder Joachim Ante here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Share a User Defined Target

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by Dvergar, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Dvergar

Dvergar

I want to open up the possiblity to share a user defined target (UDT). I followed this tutorial in creating a dataset full of targets:

https://library.vuforia.com/articles/Training/User-Defined-Targets-Guide

Unfortunately I am not able to save this dataset locally and share this data with another user. Does anyone knows how to accomplish this?

I do have the pictures but I did not find a way to create a trackable from a simple picture, otherwise I could just share this. (Runtime is not an issue and It is not possible to upload the images to the Target Manager since this process should be automated)

2. meedabit

meedabit

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hello,

At this time there is no way to share trackables created with the User Defined Targets feature between apps, or users. UDT targets reside in memory and there is no API provided to store or persist them. This is a frequent request from our users and our product team continues to evaluate it.

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support