Search Unity

Question Shaky AR Foundation - Image Tracking

Discussion in 'AR' started by AnthonyJackson81, Jun 9, 2021.

1. AnthonyJackson81

AnthonyJackson81

Afternoon.

I feel like I spent days on this, its probably more.

I am using ARFoundation with ARCore, version 4.0.21 (verified) and a Redmi Note 9s.

I have created several tests, all with the same outcome, even with a Simple primitive Cube.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13ENyDVEM7RyePGU1s_SHHP99tNJeoTIx/view

As you can see from the video, it works, but there is alot of Shaking on the image. Even with my Arm stabilised by my desk, so its not me........ My code, detects when an Image changes and the TrackingState.Tracking is true.

I then make my Content (prefab) a child of the Trackedimage gamboject from the ARTrackedImage type, which is passed to my event action.

What am I doing wrong? Is this is just normal for ArCore? The model is quite big, yes, but as I say its the SAME tested behaviour with 1 Cube with a Scale of 0.1.

Could some one please help?

n.b. - there is also a pop right at the beggining where the image shifts drastically.

I tend to turn off the Image Tracking manager at the point where my co-routine ends.

2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

3. AnthonyJackson81

AnthonyJackson81

Hello.

Cheers. I might do that at some point. I just decided to leave it for now. It shakes a little, I spent alot of time assuming it was all my fault, however, I used a Samsung Galaxy A40 and that did stabalize it a little, probably not enough for production, but it was good enough for a protoype/poc. I might contract it out to a native developer if I get the paid work.

thanks.