Search Unity

Shaking camera/Child object of Trackable in Unity

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by catmit, Nov 6, 2018.

1. catmit

catmit

Hello,

I am new in Unity and try to attach a label/3D-object to an Object Target created in Wikitude Studio (based on pictures, not on video) and imported to Unity

1. When I attach a label to the Object Target in Wikitude Studio, everything works excellent, no label shaking, the label sticks correctly to the Object Target.

2. When I try the same in Unity, the Text/3D-object that sticks to the Object Target shakes like crazy.

Under Unity I've tried the following:

- to attach a Text Mesh as a child of Trackable --> shaking

- to create a 3D object (e.g. a Sphere) as a child of Trackable --> then to create a separate UI text that I linked to the sphere with a simple script --> shaking

- to attach an UI text as a child of Trackable --> shaking

In all these attempts I attached also the C# script named "Smooth Follow" to the Wikitude Camera, but useless. The "Transform" parameters of the camera are changing like crazy during pointing the phone to the phisical target, even if I fix the phone on the table (I cannot upload videos unfortunately).

I also tried different settings for the Wikitude Camera, like e.g. different field of views, different clipping panes, I played with the camera distance and rotation, but useless.

I activated also the digital stabilizer of my Samsung Note 8 phone, useless.

Question: I suppose that the Object Target quality is quite good, as long as in Wikitude Studio the recognition happens instantly and the label sticks excellent to the object target.

What is the solution for that?

Thank you in advance for your support!

2. JoanMM

JoanMM

Same problem here, but using Vuforia with ModelTargets instead of Wikitude.

Most of the similar questions are for UI Canvas, and the solutions suggested are not applicable for Model Targets...

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated :)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019