Search Unity

Shadows not working in any build.

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Meijer, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Meijer

Meijer

Hi,

I've been trying to get shadows to show up in my project builds. Default render quality is set to Ultra with shadows enabled and set to very high resolution. In the picture below you can see what I mean.

I also uploaded the directional light's settings and the spotlight visible in the Game view. I have tried altering about every setting related to lighting, build my project, to find out that after every build there are still no shadows. Auto-generate lighting is ticked on in the Lighting tab, so it's always updated. I set the shadow distance to 500, to make sure the shadows always get rendered.

My Unity version is 2019.3.0a4 personal. Build targets I have tried are WebGL and Standalone Windows. Both end up with the same results.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  2. gibranparvez

gibranparvez

Did you ever figure this out?

3. Meijer

Meijer

I did not, unfortunately. If I remember correctly, I also tried redoing the project in a completely new file, with just some cubes and light, built it for WebGL. Same result. I would suppose it is a bug. No idea if it's still the case.

4. mcmount

mcmount

Couple of things; your intensity is insane, same with indirect multiplier. I also see no reason to use hard shadows at all. Lastly, your shadow distance is too big.
    I'd suggest the following; intensity, 1-10 max. Multiplier max 1. Soft shadows. Shadow distance according your max distanced object, prolly 20 unless your cubes are really huge.

ama-r likes this.