Search Unity

Shadows not casting. Settings are set to baked. Tried everything I can think of

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by ptgodz, Jan 4, 2019.

1. ptgodz

ptgodz

I'm really struggling to get baked shadows in my scene. I have 3 point lights and 1 directional that are all set to baked lighting mode. I have shadows set to hard shadows in the player settings. I have also set the baked GI on with progressive lightmapper at default settings. I have also made sure that all my objects are set to static with the cast shadows and receive shadow options enabled.

I honestly have no other idea what could be wrong. When I clear baked lightmaps I can see that shadows are being cast by the real time lighting.
    However the moment I click bake, I can see that in the stats panel of the game window, my shadow caster count drops from 600 to 0. So no shadow casters are even in the scene

Anyone got any ideas? Thanks

Edit: I'm currently using the latest version of unity. 2018.3

2. ptgodz

ptgodz

I also meant to mention that my target build is android devices. I've tried the enlighten lightmapper today but to no success.

3. BakeMyCake

BakeMyCake

Have you tried the Enlighten lightmapper? As far as I know Progressive is still in development.

Is this problem only when you target android? As in if you switch to desktop do the lightmaps work properly?

If all else fails could you post a sample scene where the issue can be reproduced?