Search Unity

ShadowCaster2d - m_ApplyToSortingLayers

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by urieljavieraiz, Sep 23, 2020.

1. urieljavieraiz

urieljavieraiz

Hello,

Is posssible to add a public function or make public the property m_ApplyToSortingLayers to modify the sorting Layer pls???

Thnks

2. pescetellimarco

pescetellimarco

Hi, maybe is too late for you, but for other developer, you must use Reflection.Like this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. FieldInfo layerField = typeof(ShadowCaster2D).GetField("m_ApplyToSortingLayers",
    2.                                                                  BindingFlags.NonPublic |
    3.                                                                  BindingFlags.Instance);
    5. layerField.SetValue(shadowCaster2DComponent, new int[] { 1 });

You must use first attribute of layerField.SetValue a ShadowCaster2D component, and for second/last attribute you must use an int array and put a layer number you want use in shadowcaster2D ( i use new int[] { 1 } ).

But is much better if you see how int value there are in layerField like this :

Code (CSharp):
    1. for (int i = 0; i < (layerField.GetValue(shadowComponent) as int[]).Length; i++) {
    2.             var obj = (layerField.GetValue(shadowComponent) as int[])[i];
    3.             Debug.Log(obj);
    4.         }
    And then put value int in layerField.SetValue();

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022