Search Unity

Shadow problem in my project

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by insiderrr, Oct 2, 2015.

1. insiderrr

insiderrr

Hi there,

A month ago, i updated my project from unity 4 to 5. This process went well, but i discovered that the shadows looked strange. First i thought this was a unity problem, but when i started a new project, the shadows where normal.

I checked all my project settings, and it's hard to find out what is happeing. I am using the oculus rift, maybe it has something to do with this plugin.

It does not help if i create a new scene without any script or object, still the weird shadow.

Anyone any idea what is wrong here ?

I added an image with the strange behaviour. The shadow is curved and hard. should be fading away smooth.

shadow_issue.jpg

2. insiderrr

insiderrr

I reproduced this bug in a clean project. Still no idea what is happening. I added the project files in a rar file, maybe someone knows what is wrong.

This project has a Legacy deferred render path. Thats why the shadow looks broken. The problem with my project is, i use a forward render path, but it looks like the Legacy deferred render path.

A month ago a upgraded my project from unity 4 to 5, maybe this has something to do with this. Is it possible that there is something wrong with these render settings ?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015