Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Shadow effect doesn't seem to fit well

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Dunkelheit, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Dunkelheit

Dunkelheit

Sorry guys if I'm posting on a wrong section, but I'm facing a problem that I think this is common.

I'm creating some 2D pixel art sprites for my game, however when I do some transparecy pixels to simulate shadows the final result doesn't look good when I put it on Unity. You guys can see it with some pictures below:

Fig: Photoshop: The chair is a PNG with alpha channel. On photoshop everything looks nice.

Fig: As you can see the shadow looks like a gray stripe and it isn't combine with background sprites somehow.

The chair setup:

Format: Truecolor;
    Filter mode: Point;
    PPU: adjusted for my case: 8 pixels;
    Max Size: 2048.

What can I do to make shadows works properly as expected?

Thanks guys.

2. FartyBalls

FartyBalls

Check "Alpha from grayscale" option or change texture type to "Sprite"

3. Dunkelheit

Dunkelheit

Thanks but it didn't work.

Any texture you add in the Unity automatically turns into a Sprite, I've checked gray scale changing the sprite of "texture type" to "advanced" option, the result I had got is this:

Thanks anyway, I'll try to find out another solution if it works out I'll post it back, if you have an extra information, please share it again.

4. brownboot67

brownboot67

You need to fill the bg of your sprite black and paint the opacity into an alpha channel.

5. bgolus

bgolus

You want alpha is transparency but not alpha from greyscale.

6. FartyBalls

FartyBalls