Search Unity

Shadow directly beneath the player?

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Marscaleb, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Marscaleb

Marscaleb

How can I create a shadow that is directly beneath the player? Just a simple circle so that the player can tell exactly where they are.

I looked up, and there was a simple solution to have a projector cast a blob shadow. I started to follow the instructions, but when I went to get the "Standard Unity Assets" package I found that it was listed as a legacy asset not designed to work with modern versions, and when I look up the documentation for projectors I see that they don't work with various forms of lighting.

Now I don't know what kind of lighting I'm currently using, just the default in the most recent version, neither do I know what kind of lighting I will need to work with my game's style (which will NOT be realistic.) But between the limitations of the projectors and the legacy nature of the package I was told to download, I simply don't know what I should be doing.

What is the best way to set up simple circle shadows beneath my characters so we can tell what is the space exactly beneath them?