Search Unity

Shading issues appearing in build, but not in editor

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by Clell_Tickle, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Clell_Tickle

Clell_Tickle

This issue popped up last week after one of our weekly builds, and all subsequent builds after have been doing this. I will preface this with that I am still pretty new to Unity lighting, I have only really been messing around with it since the beginning of the year. I have learned quite a bit since then, but I still would consider myself a novice with it.

These are some of the shading issues present in our current builds
    screenshot1.PNG screenshot2.PNG

And here's those same areas in engine engineScreenshot1.PNG engineScreenshot2.PNG

This problem arose after building light with a Lightmap Resolution of 20, which was supposed to be for our launch build (worst possible timing). I have not been able to test if it goes away if I set it back to 1, since I don't do builds on our team, but we are planning on testing that today. We've tried rebuilding, I checked all the offending walls Mesh Renderer to see if maybe something was out of the ordinary. I'm sure there's more I can check, but I haven't been able to find anyone with a similar issue online (I honestly don't know how to describe the problem uniquely), and I don't know what else to check.

Here's the lighting settings the scene is using (had to stitch together the images) :
    Lighting Settings.png
    We are using Unity 2018.1.3f1, let me know if there's any other important info that I may have forgotten.

2. thefranke

thefranke

Unity Technologies

Hey Cell_Tickle,

did you author the UVs on those wall segments yourself? Are they generated by Unity?

Cheers

3. Kevin-VFX

Kevin-VFX

This has occurred in our project too. I believe they are generated.

4. Kuba

Kuba