Search Unity

Shaders, vfx, UI invisible in android build

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by Thomukas1, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Thomukas1

Thomukas1

Hi, can someone help me out please? I am using XR management plugin together with URP.
    When I test my game inside PC using Oculus Link and "Single pass instanced" rendering mode, it works well.

However, when i build to Oculus quest, in the game all the shaders, vfx and UI is invisible (not pink textures, just invisible). I am using "multiview" rendering mode for my build.

Any help is appreciated...

2. ThomasZeng

ThomasZeng

Unity Technologies

Hi @Thomukas1,

This could be related to an oculus gles driver bug. Oculus is currently investigating.
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...is-enabled-on-single-pass-instanced-rendering

This driver bug only occurs if MSAA and Multiview are being used and opaque texture is being used at the same time. (causing driver issues with MSAAMultiview frame buffer).
    So if you disable opaque texture in URP pipeline asset, UI and other transparent objs should show up.

3. Thomukas1

Thomukas1

Oh my god. That was it. Thank you so much, i feel so relieved. By the way, what does opaque texture do? What do I lose if i can't use it?

4. ThomasZeng

ThomasZeng

Unity Technologies

Hi @Thomukas1,

Glad you were able to workaround this driver issue!

Opaque texture is being used for some effects eg particle distortion. For Quest, it is recommended to have opaque texture off so you don't have the intermediate texture created. The intermediate texture could break FFR on Quest and is slow on Quest due to extra blit.

5. Thomukas1

Thomukas1

Hi, so I have come to face this challenge again. I really need to use Opaque texture in my oculus quest project, but this driver issue still persists. I want to be able to use scene color node for psychedelic effect in my game. Any help would be appreciated

6. NateReese77

NateReese77

Hello,

I'm actually getting this issue on iOS builds now. Basically any time I add any type of shader to a sprite or UI object, it disappears in builds.

I'm currently using 2020.1 b15 and URP 8.1.0.