Search Unity

Question Shadergraph - HDRP/LWRP downgrade to unity standart render method?

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by DizzyDwarf12, May 13, 2019.

1. DizzyDwarf12

DizzyDwarf12

Hey guys,

Im still pretty new to Unity so pls dont judge me if i ask something obvious.

So i set up a project using the LWRP and i am trying myself now on shadergraph. Now if i finish this project with some self made shaders (for example a forcefield) and for example would decide to upload this shader to the asset store. Must the next person who downloads it and tryes to use the prefab have to have LWRP set on their project or does the Basic unity render pipeline work with it now too?

2. alexandral_unity

alexandral_unity

Unity Technologies

LWRP and Shader Graph are not, and won't ever be, compatible with the base renderer. If you publish assets that use these packages, they will only be compatible with projects using a Scriptable Render Pipeline, and likely only with the same SRP (Lightweight vs High Definition) depending on how you built it.

3. DizzyDwarf12

DizzyDwarf12

So how are people doin those amazing VFX assets for example? I didnt have to set up a project in LWRP and when importing it still works? Is my project changed to the right settings automatically when importing?

4. alexandral_unity

alexandral_unity

Unity Technologies

I'm not quite sure what you mean, which assets are you referring to?

5. Mauri

Mauri

There are visual shader editors that work with the built-in rendering pipeline. Amplify Shader Editor, for example. That one even supports the LWRP and HDRP.

If you want to support users from all three RPs, include three variants of your shaders: one for built-in, one for LWRP and one for HDRP.

DizzyDwarf12 likes this.