Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

ShaderGraph Essentials (SGE)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ph_, Mar 19, 2019.

1. ph_

ph_

SGE_key_516x389.png

ShaderGraph Essentials
    - All-in-one performant noise node, new master nodes and features to push your shaders to a whole new level !

Now with support for 2019.1 !

Download ShaderGraph Essentials from the Unity Asset Store !

Overview
    ShaderGraph Essentials is a unique bundle of nodes to complete what's already existing in ShaderGraph. Features include 2D/3D Perlin noise, Simplex, Value, fractal / turbulence / ridge variances, periodic / non-periodic variances, the ability to bake textures from any node in your graph AND a Simple Lit master node. Yes, the equivalent of the "SimpleLit" shader in LWRP ! Include full source code, demo scenes with various effect (procedural wood, procedural normals, lava, explosion, light beam, dissolve ...). It's also a very good start if you want to do your own master node, as you'll clearly see how I did the SimpleLit one.

Value and performance
    You could spend hours working on the noises that are missing in ShaderGraph (Perlin, anyone ?). Or you can get ShaderGraph Essentials and have 30+ noise variations, easy to use through a single node and already optimized to be as fast as possible ! The ability to bake noises you've created will help you optimize your game, as well as using the SimpleLit master node instead of the PBR one. ShaderGraph Essentials nodes have been tested on mobile, VR on PC, low-end and high-end PC. It's a must-have if you plan to use ShaderGraph or are already using it.

Noise node
    An all-in-one noise node, with a powerful UI that let you iterates quickly in ShaderGraph. It features Value noise, Simplex, Perlin2D and Perlin3D. In addition every noise can be tillable (periodic) or not; and you can enable Fractal, Turbulence or Ridge combination in one click !

noises_node.png

Bake texture node
    A node that let you bake the output of any other node in a texture. This is extremely useful when you've got a group of node that only depends on the UV mapping of your mesh. You can optimize your graph by baking part of it in a texture, then using it instead of your baked graph. This node gives you the performance of a texture AND the iteration time of ShaderGraph, as you'll continue to work and generate your texture in ShaderGraph.

bake_texture.png

Simple Lit master node (LWRP only)
    The equivalent of LWRP Simple lit shader. A must have if you use LWRP and care about performance (especially on mobile). Many assets or scenes don't need to support and execute the full PBR shader and this node gives you the power to use a much faster lit master node.

simple_lit_master.png

Support
    I'm dedicated to make this asset the best collection of nodes and feature for ShaderGraph. I answer to email and do my best to fix bugs and implement feature request. Please don't hesitate to contact me for feedback, ideas or bug report at ph.graphics.unity@gmail.com
    You can also come and chat on discord at https://discord.gg/ksURBah

Requirements
    - 2018.3 or newer (2019 is supported !)
    - latest LWRP / HDRP / ShaderGraph available

Download ShaderGraph Essentials from the Unity Asset Store !

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019 at 2:10 PM
  2. ph_

ph_

Version 1.0.1 has been released on the asset store ! Download it here

Changelog:
    • Fixed a bug in SGESimpleLit and SGEUnlit master nodes that made it impossible to work on Mac/Unix systems.
    Thanks to the kind user that reported this !

I also have a LOT of features coming in, with a lot of new noises as well as other utility nodes.
    I am only waiting for Unity to decide what they do with the node API in 2019.x before I can publicly announce the roadmap for ShaderGraph Essentials !

3. ph_

ph_

Version 1.0.2 has been released on the asset store ! Download it here

Changelog:
    • Added support for 2019.1! If you update from 2018.3, please delete and re-download ShaderGraphEssentials to make sure you get the correct version.
    Now that support for 2019.1 is out of the way (it was a complicated one), I can now focus on more interesting features!

4. jason_yak

jason_yak

Hi there, we've just updated to Unity 2019.1.0f2 and I've gotten this latest update v1.0.2, but I'm seeing 179 compile errors!!

I've definitely got the latest update. I removed the older plugin folder completely, checked the changelog to make sure. This is a MAJOR show stopper for us. Examples of errors, 179 of them:

Assets/ShaderGraphEssentials/Plugin_Base/Editor/Scripts/Noises/SimplexNoise.cs(67,50): error CS0122: 'FunctionRegistry' is inaccessible due to its protection level

Assets/ShaderGraphEssentials/Plugin_LWRP/Editor/Master Nodes/SGESimpleLitSubShader.cs(154,133): error CS0122: 'SurfaceMaterialOptions' is inaccessible due to its protection level

Assets/ShaderGraphEssentials/Plugin_Base/Editor/Scripts/Nodes/NoiseNode.cs(28,85): error CS0122: 'IMayRequireMeshUV' is inaccessible due to its protection level

Assets/ShaderGraphEssentials/Plugin_LWRP/Editor/Master Nodes/SGEUnlitMasterNode.cs(92,9): error CS0122: 'SurfaceMaterialOptions' is inaccessible due to its protection level

ph_ likes this.
  5. ph_

ph_

Hi there !
    Don't worry, these errors can be fixed :)

If, as you say, you removed the ShaderGraph folder and got the 1.0.2 version, can you try to close and reopen your Unity ? This fixed the problem to me.
    If it doesn't fix the problem, please continue the conversation via Discord (https://discord.gg/ksURBah) for a quick-instant help; or email (ph.graphics.unity@gmail.com) but this won't be as fast.

6. jason_yak

jason_yak

Thanks that was a super fast response and super helpful to work through that issue on discord cheers. For anyone else encountering the issue it was related to file permissions on mac. I'm sure the dev will provide more info or a fix if you encounter the same issue.

^ thx again

ph_ likes this.
  7. ph_

ph_

I just released a new version 1.0.2c (the "c" doesn't appear on the Asset Store but it's not a problem at all), which fixes @jason_yak 's problem that we found yesterday. We fixed the problem directly on his mac back then, but this is the proper automatic fix for everyone to enjoy!