Search Unity

Shadergraph and VFXgraph UI disappear on Mac

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by Staus, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Staus

Staus

I've been unable to find other threads about this.
    Not only is the ui very slow at responding on mac, but the panels keep disappearing.

Have this been discussed before? Do anyone have any tricks to make it a more pleasant experience?

Screenshot 2019-09-30 at 20.36.40.png

2. eizenhorn

eizenhorn

+1 last weekend I updated unity on my mac (usually I'm working on win machine) just for URP testing, and Shader Graph flickering and hiding things randomly.

Staus likes this.
  3. Staus

Staus

I think this thread is related:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/shader-graph-massive-lag-spike-in-unity-editor.616639/

When I have the shadergraph window in "Maximized" view rather than full screen, then I do think it performs better (The thread mentions if the graph covers up the top part of the Unity UI it starts lagging). It still hides the panels all the time though, but now I can press shift+space twice and they appear again.
    It makes it usable

4. elbows

elbows

I havent done much on the mac recently but I did try VFX Graph on the mac the other day and saw various visual elements of the graph disappear in a similar manner.

Staus likes this.
  5. andybak

andybak

Yes...

I assumed it was just me. It's been like this for several weeks now.

6. MrPaparoz

MrPaparoz

Same for me. Shader Graph and VFX Graph has some performance(lag spikes, frozen graph after creating property etc.) issues on Mac.

7. elbows

elbows

I'm going to assume they know about this, because it happened repeatedly during the live demonstration section part of this Unite Europe presentation (2nd half of this video), which was done using a mac:

8. OwlBoy-

OwlBoy-

Was this freezing ever addressed?