Search Unity

1. We've closed the job boards. If you're looking for work, or looking to hire check out Unity Connect. You can see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're running great holiday deals on subscriptions, swag and Asset Store packages! Take a peek at this blog for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out our Unite Austin 2017 YouTube playlist to catch up on what you missed. More videos coming soon.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Unity 2017.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Unity Gear Store is here to help you look great at your next meetup, user group or conference. With all new Unity apparel, stickers and more!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Introducing the Unity Essentials Packs! Find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Unity 2017.3 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice

Shader problems form Manufactura K4 Rock and Boulders 3 asset

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by Twoonebe, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Twoonebe

Twoonebe

Hi there
    i can not reach the manufacturer of the Rock and Boulders 3 (Manufactura K4)

I've problems with the shader and wanted to ask if anyone has the same problem or perhaps already has a solution to

"Could not create a custom UI for the shader 'MK4/Rock'. The shader has the following: 'CustomEditor = ShaderForgeMaterialInspector'. Does the custom editor specified include its namespace? And does the class either derive from ShaderGUI or MaterialEditor?
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()"

In shader script is the referral to http://www.acegikmo.com/shaderforge/
    maybe he can offer a solution?

2. Invertex

Invertex

Do you have a script called "ShaderForgeMaterialInspector"? It needs to be in your project since the shader is asking for it.

3. Twoonebe

Twoonebe

Hello Invertex,

i have search of the "ShaderForgeMaterialInspector" and have him not found.
    I have reinstalled the asset few times but i must say this script is missing and not found :-(
    what can i do now ?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  4. Twoonebe

Twoonebe

look so ugly :-(

Attached Files:

5. Invertex

Invertex

From the name of the script, it would seem the person used ShaderForge to make their shader, but didn't include the editor script for it. Instead just make your own material and apply the textures. Or else try removing the CustomEditor line from the shader so it just uses default editor formatting. You may loose some conditional based controls, but that's about it.

6. frankslater

frankslater

Hi @Twoonebe,

Is there still no proper support? I was just looking at that asset and I cannot make out if the issue with the seller is sorted. People need to take this seriously.

Well, I probably best stay away from that seller.

7. Teila

Teila

Shaders were updated but not sure if they work in 2017.

frankslater likes this.