Search Unity

Shader keywords and #pragma

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by hausmaus, Jan 28, 2017.

1. hausmaus

hausmaus

Is there a way to get preprocessor lines to control which #pragma lines are used? I'm trying to use #pragma_multi_compile keywords and it seems that the associated #if blocks are ignored where #pragma statements are concerned.

I'm trying to collapse some blend and tessellation shaders for easier updates, but it seems like neither the properties block nor the #pragma lines respect the keyword preprocessor tests. This makes sense, but I wondered if there was a magical way of achieving this or a similar effect some other way. The main issue right now is that the tessellation feature requires a single-parameter vertex shader, while the normal surface shader workflow requires two, so the signature conflict prevents using a single line like "#pragma surface surf Standard vertex:vert tessellate:tessEdge nolightmap addshadow" and the preprocessor doesn't help.

Any insight would be appreciated!
    Adrian

2. bgolus

bgolus

Unfortunately no. Your best bet is to use cginc files to put common code, or even all of the code, and have separate shader files to define the #pragma lines.

3. hausmaus

hausmaus

Ah ok, that seemed likely. Thanks, bgolus!