Search Unity

Question Shader invisible in standalone

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by Darkkingdom, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Darkkingdom

Darkkingdom

Hey folks
    I currently stuck with the problem that a Shadergraph shader is invisible in a standalone build.
    In the editor everything works fine. I tried every possible solution google would give me.
    -Added to "Always Included Shaders"
    -Checked quality settings
    -Messed around with shader keywords
    There are no mentions in the player log except the usual "Compiled shader: ..." message.

The shader is from this tutorial https://aetuts.itch.io/volumetric-fog-unity-lwrpurp-shader-graph

So I started to debug every property in the player and in the standalone build.
    Every property has the same values, except one.
    The noise texture is missing the "alphaIsTransparency" property in the build.
    This seems like a great clue but I'm not sure what do with this^^"

I'm starting to get desperate xD Does anyone have an idea?
    Attached is a compiled version of the shader

2. z3nbstrd

z3nbstrd

I'm having what I think might be a similar issue. In my case it's the Suntail_Foliage shader in the Suntail Village asset pack. Everything looks fine in the editor, but in the standalone build everything that has that shader on it is invisible. Those assets worked fine before I switched the project over to URP, and everything else seems to have been converted with only a moderate amount of fuss.

3. Darkkingdom

Darkkingdom

Hey z3nbstrb

I found the solution in my case a while ago:
    I had to check the Depth Texture and/or? the Opaque Texture checkbox in my UniversalRenderPipelineAsset.asset

Hope this helps you too :)