Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Request Shader Graph Templates for Lit

Discussion in 'Graphics Dev Blitz Day 2023 - Q&A' started by DreamingImLatios, May 25, 2023.

1. DreamingImLatios

DreamingImLatios

One of the things I regularly run into issues with is with Entities Graphics, skinned mesh renderers require a custom shader made with shader graph to do skinning. Most of the time, people just want a shader with the same properties as the built-in Lit shader for URP or HDRP. Could we get a shader graph version of these shaders as a template so that we can make little modifications like this?

andyz and Occuros like this.
  2. andyz

andyz

I've been waiting years for basic templates to start a new graph from, it's like 80% of the shader graph work was done and then it was abandoned - no templates, numerous console warnings, errors, UI glitches. I think I've had 2 bugs accepted yet I hardly use it so who is testing?!

Templates alone would make it far better

3. SebLagarde

SebLagarde

Unity Technologies

Hi, we have consider it and have an early version that have been done for HDRP: https://github.com/RemyUnity/SG-HDRP-Lit but this have been paused due to other higher priority. This could be resume in the future but no ETA