Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2020.2 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Help Wanted Shader graph specular highlight not visible on large objects in Android.

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by davidcox70, Jun 19, 2019.

1. davidcox70

davidcox70

Unity 2019.1.7F1 LWRP 5.16.1 Shader Graph 5.16.1

I created a material using the shader graph and specular workflow, with the LWRP. I found that the specular highlight was visible in the Unity editor, but not when I deployed my game to Android (Samsung Galaxy S8 G950).

On further investigation, I found that the issue was specific to materials created with the shader graph and applied to large objects. My game is for VR and includes a mesh that is similar in size to a standard sphere with scale set to 6000.

I found that if I reduced the size of the mesh, the spec highlight would re-appear. I also found that it worked fine without reducing scale if I used the standard LWRP>lit shader (i.e. not using the shader graph).** Edit - see below

This was true no matter what the light source type was (directional / spot / point) or where that light was located.

As I cannot reduce the size of the object further due to this being a VR game and would like to use the shader graph, are there any fixes for this?

Thanks.
    DC

**EDIT. I have now seen this behaviour in a normal LWRP>lit shader - i.e. not using the shader graph. So I have asked the question outside of this shader-graph forum here:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/lwr...hlights-on-android-with-large-objects.698249/

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
unityunity