Search Unity

Bug Shader graph shows two different outputs for different projects (Help needed figuring this out)

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by AnanyaIG, Feb 10, 2021.

1. AnanyaIG

AnanyaIG

So I have this issue where the same shader graph is giving different outputs in different projects. I'm confused since both are identical since they are copied and pasted. The object for one project works as intended, to give a translucent effect, but in the other project it gives an opaque effect. Both of the projects are running Unity 2019.4.16f1.

I'm using the URP pipeline and the settings of both the projects is similar from what I've checked so far. The project is a VR project so I hope that doesn't change things. So far I've tried changing color spaces, re-importing everything, upgrading and downgrading both URP and shader graph packages.

Either way, if anyone has any suggestions regarding this, please let me know.
    Thanks.
    Previews from the projects:
    #1 (Correct output):

#2 (Incorrect output):

2. SampsaPlaysome

SampsaPlaysome

You should check and compare the generated shaders and see how they differ.

3. AnanyaIG

AnanyaIG

I checked the generated shaders and the code is the exact same. One main difference was that #2 was a project which was imported from a different Mac computer to a windows one. And #1 was created by me on my own Windows PC.

#1 works fine, but #2 as you see has issues. So kinda confused here. Is it a windows mac thing? Or is shader graph on Mac spitting buggy stuff?