Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Shader Graph "Save Asset" not changing material

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by Reroshaggy, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Reroshaggy

Reroshaggy

Please help, I have been banging my head against this for days. At first I though there was something wrong with scene view, so I uninstalled and reinstalled. Same issue. I then update the LTS, tried different versions of the editor...
    To explain. When saving a shader asset, no matter how many times I click save the changes do not reflect in the material. I can either edit the properties of the material directly, which negates anything I have done to the shader because it's redundant, or I can delete the material, create a new one and link it to the shader for it to populate with what I have set in the shader.
    I am on Windows 10, security is turned down, I am the only user as well admin. I even made sure all files in the directory have read/write access. I would love some ideas on how to fix this because it's annoying.
    Lastly, I did select the lighting options in scene, as well URP is set as the renderer. I also have tested right clicking shader and creating material, or just creating material and attaching the shader = Issue persists.

Current version 2020.3.21f1
    Shader Graph editor, saved asset. Left is scene view. In material nothing changed
    Examp 1 crystal issue.png

This is the Material options. If I want anything to change I have to open and edit this.
    Examp 2 crystal issue.png

2. idk_or_smt125653

idk_or_smt125653

came here looking for the same answer