Search Unity

Shader Graph Properties Panel Missing

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by chiwengchiew, May 3, 2018.

1. chiwengchiew

chiwengchiew

Downloaded unity 2018.1.0f2 today after reading that update, but it seems like my shader graph differs from most of the ones displayed in the official tutorials and my Properties panel is missing. Is there a secret hotkey to bring this up? Or doess it have to do with the different version shadergraph is compared to the render pipelines?

What i'm missing from the tutorials,

Attached Files:

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

I have a same problem.:oops:

3. CHNGames

CHNGames

Hello, I found a way. Download this file: https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/ShaderGraph In Unity, Window->Package Manager, then, remove the shadergraph and render pipelines lightweight. Open the downloaded file, and drag and drop com.unity.shadergraph file to Assets in Unity. When you open the shader graph editor, the blackboard will be at the right bottom. This worked for me in Unity 2018.2.0b2. Then you can delete com.unity.shadergraph file in Assets folder, reinstall the shader graph and render pipelines lightweight from window->package manager. When I did this way, the blackboard is fixed in my all Unity projects. Please try this way in a blank project, it can take a long time otherwise.

4. Serapth

Serapth

The other more brutal work around is to go to %APPDATA% and do a delete of all Unity settings. This will of course get rid of all Unity settings... so all your configuration, log in information, etc will be gone. Wasn't a big deal to me as I just did a fresh 2018.1 install, so I frankly just had to log back in.

A more surgical approach would be to go through all of those folders until you found the Scene Graph or Blackboard setting and excise it... but meh, i'm lazy.

5. SergejsK

SergejsK

Same problem here.
    Trying to remove all APPDATA didn't helped.

P.S. Tried creating new project with Lightweight RP, and now I got Blackboard.
    So I guess it's some problem when installing it with package manager to existing project

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  6. TwoBentCoppers

TwoBentCoppers

Well that explains why I can't rename any of the proprieties in Shader Graph. The whole proprieties panel is missing. Unity 2018.1.0f2 Shader Graph 1.1.4, LRP 1.1.5

Also added Shader Graph and Lightweight RP from package manager to existing project. Will try the fix exploit4 suggested. *edit* Nope, just get compile errors and Shader Graph files open in Visual Studio.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  7. mvinc006

mvinc006

Yep, another one here with missing properties.

8. SergPutiak

SergPutiak

Same here, added ShaderGraph to existing project

9. MikeChr

MikeChr

another one here with missing properties

10. Ezhikov

Ezhikov

so i had the same issue, solved via clicking Layout dropdown (top right corner) -> Revert factory settings

11. juliocrm

juliocrm

Hi, I closed Unity and delete the EditorUserSettings.asset file in Library folder, this resolve the problem (but reset all user settings of course)

12. Super_Jura

Super_Jura

Only solution that worked for me, thanks!

dongrout likes this.
  13. MarkeMark1972

MarkeMark1972

14. Sproud346

Sproud346

15. eurekaed

eurekaed

thx! this work for me

16. nol_b

nol_b

I had this same problem. I'm not sure what I did that fixed it but I think the panel was just hiding under the preview. If you can't find it, try moving the preview around and see if it's under there.

Tarrag, jokigenki and melacascade like this.
  17. Subhojit

Subhojit

Just close the shader graph window and reopen it. I was facing same problem this procedure hopefully work.

18. ahmafi

ahmafi

I have added a vector1 as property and reopened the Blackboard, now it's working.

RaL likes this.
  19. ozdenking

ozdenking

Wow! Mine was hiding behind the preview panel. Thanks.

20. jandd661

jandd661

This worked for me. Thanks!

21. winterkewl

winterkewl

This fixed my issue. Thanks!

22. Augis1980

Augis1980

Create any property and reopen shadergraph.

RoyBarina likes this.
  23. mikehell

mikehell

Works! thank you.

24. ErnestoRZ

ErnestoRZ

Download shader graph and instead of double clicking on the shader icon to open, open via inspector tab and press on the "open shader editor". Worked for me.

25. Thanatos_Psychopomp

Thanatos_Psychopomp

I just wanted to add that I was having issues with this as well, but my issue was that it was hiding behind the big preview window in the bottom right. When i moved that i was able to see the Properties panel.

26. Pekay12

Pekay12

For me the solution was to just click at the top right corner at the "Blackboard" button in the shader graph window. It was off for some reason.

27. SalahChafai160

SalahChafai160

just delete the shader and create a new one

28. Enigmaxxx

Enigmaxxx

Omg ! To Use the propery window, you need to create your property. Yes you can convert some nodes to properties. But if you are following a tutorial or a picture to create your shader like I do, it's a pain in the . To create your property, when you open your shader graph window, you have a black box with the name of your shader with nothing in it except the name of the shader you created (plus the PBR MASTER). You will see a plus there. If you add a plus you can choosed different "PROPERTIES" for your shader. If you name your properties there, you will be able to create a new node with the property you added.

From there, you are on your own, because I don't know more yet on how to use them! But you can create them! Good luck !

29. SlyCooper2PT

SlyCooper2PT

Hi, my properties panel was ok but when i went fullscreen it disappeared, i was trying to reopen or create another graph to see if it appears but it did not.
    Upset of this crap, i moved my mouse faster than normal xD and i found the f***** properties panel in middle hell like it was a simple block... LOL, so i give the advise to just move the screen to see if your panel is there but off the visible screen.

30. Nexer8

Nexer8

There is a button in the top right of the Shader Graph window that says "Blackboard". Click it to toggle the Blackboard/Properties Panel.

31. deMischa13

deMischa13

THANKYOU!!