Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Shader Graph preview not clearing [LWRP]

Discussion in '2018.3 Beta' started by sand_lantern, Oct 25, 2018.

1. sand_lantern

sand_lantern

Hi all, I've been messing around with shaders off and on for the past few months. Today, I wanted to get back to them on my project using the beta build and was met by an ugly surprise.

On just an empty shader with no settings changed, the preview never clears, just fills up with visual artifacts. After messing around with a new project, I have found that this doesn't happen for me until I switch to 2018.3.0b1, and continues all the way up until the new version that came out recently (0b7).

For me, reproducing it is as easy as creating a new instance of the LWRP sample project on any of the 2018.3 versions (or 2018.2 and then updating) and then building a new shader graph. No weird trickery required.

As a side note, I noticed that the preview image looks a little different between my main project and this new instance I spun up.

The new one is a bit more bluish. Any one know what's up with that? It's probably unrelated.

GetsColder likes this.
  2. sand_lantern

sand_lantern

Mods, let me know if this belongs in the Graphics Experimental Previews forums instead, I wasn't quite sure under which jurisdiction this fell.

3. Matjulski

Matjulski

Happy to see that it's not only me. I thought i screwed something up in my project, and have been searching for a solution for an hour now. Glad to know I can stop looking for a fix, and keep working.

I'm on 2018.3.0b7 and it happens with both LWRP 3.3.0 and 4.0.1

GetsColder and sand_lantern like this.
  4. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

This is a known issue and has already been fixed in 2019.1. I don't have information about the probability of a backport though.

GetsColder likes this.
  5. sand_lantern

sand_lantern

Neat. Glad it will be a few months before I can use the shader graph again. So much for new features...

GetsColder likes this.
  6. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

For what it's worth, the fix will be in 2019.1.0a9 which will be released this week. https://unity3d.com/beta/2019.1