Search Unity

Shader Graph materials not working correctly on Linux build

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by LogicProjects, May 2, 2021.

1. LogicProjects

LogicProjects

I'm working on a game using DOTS and URP. When I build for Linux using the Linux Classic Build Configuration asset, which the DOTS setup page told me to use, my shader graph ignores both the texture and the alpha leaving me with colored quads (the alpha is set by a system and is why I was forced into URP and Shader Graph instead of built in rendering). This happens on develop; if I change to release then the game hangs on a grey screen on launch.

Strangely enough, if I use the built-in Build Settings the game runs perfectly, but this seems to be strongly discouraged by the DOTS manual. So I do have a work around but I'm worried this may be a deeper problem.

Windows builds using the config manager work perfectly.

Live link does give these warnings but I don't know if they are related:

Autoconnected Player The referenced script (Unknown) on this Behaviour is missing!

Autoconnected Player The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object '<null>') is missing!

Here is a screen shot of the shader graph. Simple transparent unlit graph.
    upload_2021-5-1_20-11-10.png

Any ideas as to why the Linux build package isn't working with the shader graph correctly?

2. MadboyJames

MadboyJames

I think I have this exact issue... Did you ever find a fix?
    I asked about this here.

Edit: Well, maybe not the exact issue. I'm building on linux, but building for windows.
    Currently testing if building as release hangs on a gray screen as well.

Edit2: No gray screen on release build.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022