Search Unity

Shader Graph - manually set Fallback?

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by _watcher_, Aug 3, 2019.

1. _watcher_

_watcher_

Hi

How do i set fallback for a shader generated using Shader Graph (LWRP)?

Optionally, i want to test "Fallback off", like one would do using Shader Lab.

Just hope the solution ain't "Compile and show code" and manually rewrite the shader /, i would love to keep the Shader Graph pipeline as is (without the need to constantly manually rewrite the compiled output in shader lab)

PS The reason behind this, is that my older Android device doesn't seem to support the original shader written in Shader Graph (single output shader test is extremely slow, like 2fps), and im unsure, if its using a fallback or not (i know it can be tested, but id like to just "off" it completely, as a quick test)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  2. bgolus

bgolus

First, the subforum for shader graph is over here:
    https://forum.unity.com/forums/shader-graph.346/

Second, and to actually answer your question, it's currently not possible. Modifying the generated shader code produced by right clicking on the Master node and clicking on "Show Generated Code" is the only option at this time. You should post in the shader graph subforum and request this feature so they can add it to their list if they haven't already. As is you can't even set the shader compilation target for a Shader Graph, so a fallback would never even get used.

acnestis, Harran922 and _watcher_ like this.